Jealous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jealous

So jealous of Paul's Kingfisher shot, spent a few hours watching a Kingfisher darting about in front of me & never got one decent shot. Ended up getting these 3 as a bonus.

Robin by David Miller, on Flickr

Pied Wagtail by David Miller, on Flickr

Cormarant. by David Miller, on Flickr

Re: Jealous

Those are some nice shots. Really great images
    Garry Macdonald on Flickr
    Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Robin for sure is a nice shot, cormorant has good detail but looks too tight in the frame for me.

In regard to the KF shots, apart from my first couple of KF shots last year which were from a Bird Hide, every single one has been from using my Car as a Hide. Can you get your car anywhere near where you saw the Bird because it will keep coming back to the same place and the same perches. If not could you set up a pop up Bird Hide perhaps? I have checked my Diary and have sat there for over 40 hours so far and have only a couple of shots to show for it, this one and the previous one I posted.

Patience is needed I'm afraid

Paul

Comment

Nice set Dave, Robin is the pick for me.

Bill.
        7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Thanks for the advice Paul. I was down in Cornwall visiting family, on a walk we saw the KF & I went back & just sat on the opposite canal bank. No car access so will have to buy a pop up hide & give it a go next time I am down. Dave

Comment

There is a saying everything comes to those that wait - to date I've had a Kingfisher come to me but not the National Lottery.
            I agree with Paul the Robin and Cormorant two nice shots. Cars make very good hides if you can get them into the right position, and you don't have to ask the local farmer to drag you out with his tractor when you get stuck - experience talking here!!!
            But the key word is Patience. There again there is the situation where you've sat for four hours camera fixed on the perch, your beside yourself with the cold you can't feel your fingers, you pack your gear up and as you are about to leave the kingfisher lands on the perch - again experience talking!
            Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Not bad compensation Dave as they are a nice set of shots particularly the Robin.
              Steve ( LSINWP )
              1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Good series David, nice clear and sharp images

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
                Peter

Feel free to browse my
                Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Nicely done with the Robin David

Tom

Comment