EOS-R for Weddings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOS-R for Weddings

One of the biggest criticism of the R was that it has only one card slot, thus making this camera useless for Professionals using this for weddings or any type of professional shoot. Here is a video of a professional Wedding Photographer using the EOS R for a photo shoot and a a Wedding and was able to backup his images as he took them. How did he do it? It appears that there are only 2 cameras that allow for Auto upload, via wifi. The 2 are the EOS M50 and the New EOS R. How this person did this was using camera connect on his phone, connected the camera to the phone via wifi and every image he took, a jpg copy was automatically uploaded to his phone. See the Video:

Want to learn more about photography and business? Head over to my Patreon page to see all the different things I offer! https://www.patreon.com/travisharri...

Tom

Re: EOS-R for Weddings

Thanks Tom for sharing this. I am loving this camera... it was a present from me to me! I wasn't too fussed by the single card although it seemed a strange thing to compromise on. But this is a VERY clever work around. I've started watching the video link but at 50 or so minutes, I am going to have to put the time in to study it. There are a lot of haters out there for anything new that Canon does. For me this was just perfect... I expect I will gradually move across full time to EOS R. I would quite like a 5DS/R equivalent as well for creating truly big images.

Best

Richard
    Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Interesting, for me with modern cards the single slot is less of an issue.
      It's the battery life I'll be interested to see details of after people have been unsung it for a while.

For a first generation camera I think it looks good.
      If I'd not got the 5D4 I'd have been tempted.
      Last edited by Cyberman; 03-11-2018, 21:22.
      Andy

Comment

I had a cf card fail one hour into a wedding shoot last year...so I would be cautious.....though a reliable WiFi connection totally mitigates the risk.....maybe it’s not an oversight or shortcoming of Canon....it could be their forward thinking.
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Working...
        X