Flag Football under the Lights w/EOS-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flag Football under the Lights w/EOS-R

My long lens is out for a firmware update, so all I had was the EF-R 24-105mm To use. Wanted to see how well the EOS R would respond. Settings are on Manual used used the servo mode w/Expanded AF area. This was my first try with action shots with this camera. Was fairly pleased with the results and the performance with the camera.

369a0612 by tesarver, on Flickr

369a0618 by tesarver, on Flickr

369a0623 by tesarver, on Flickr

369a0663 by tesarver, on Flickr

369a0673 by tesarver, on Flickr

Comments Welcomed

Tom

Re: Flag Football under the Lights w/EOS-R

Good set. I like the third one, may be crop out the gas tank?

Chris

Comment

Thanks for stopping by Chris

Comment

That’s a good set Tom. Even though they have been taken with quite high ISO’s there is very little grain showing at all; impressive.

A couple of questions. What have the kids got in their mouths? I assume that they are whistles of some sort. Secondly, does the EOS-R have the same or similar action tuning controls for the autofocus as the DLSRs have?

Ian
        Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Thanks Ian, what they have in their mouths are teeth guards, as for the second question, I don’t think I understand the question. You can select your focus type, similar to the DLSR, however, since you use the screen to move the focus point, it is slightly different then the DLSR,

Tom

Comment

What I was referring to were the tuneable AF functions of Accel./Decel tracking, Tracking Sensitivity and AF point Auto switching. In my 5D3 there are 6 case settings with different selections and in the 80D you can set them individually. I was wondering if they were still there on a mirrorless camera or if they were peculiar to DSLRs
            Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Nice set Tom, i do hope Canon releases a 1dx spec mirrorless body.

Paul
              EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
              Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Looks very capable....you had me guessing what game this is with the absence of a ball to judge ....mouthguards = American Football, not the proper then game eh?
                Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by Farider View Post
                  What I was referring to were the tuneable AF functions of Accel./Decel tracking, Tracking Sensitivity and AF point Auto switching. In my 5D3 there are 6 case settings with different selections and in the 80D you can set them individually. I was wondering if they were still there on a mirrorless camera or if they were peculiar to DSLRs
                  Sorry to take so long in getting back. Busy. Yes it does have the tunable AF Functions.

Comment

Thanks Paul and Brian for Stopping by

Comment

Working...
                    X