Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance

Hi all...anyone got any recomendations for kit insurance ?

Re: Insurance

The insurance through the EOS magazine has been recommended in the past.
    Garry Macdonald on Flickr
    Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

If you are not insuring the kit as part of your business activities, it is definitely worth looking at adding it to your household contents insurance (assuming you have some). The additional premium tends to quite reasonable.
      John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

thanks guys
        will get some quotes.
        cheers

Comment

Originally posted by John Liddle View Post
          If you are not insuring the kit as part of your business activities, it is definitely worth looking at adding it to your household contents insurance (assuming you have some). The additional premium tends to quite reasonable.
          I have my camera kit added to my household contents insurance for a few quid extra each month.
          Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
          Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

My household insurance only requires anything over £2k in value to be itemized. None of my kit is over that so the bog-standard cover is all I need.
            Chris
            80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Insurance

Whilst household insurance may cover parts of kit because they do not reach the itemised threshold, you need to check the policy for what coverage you have for items whilst travelling or out and about. Household is usually for covering in the house contents and whilst covers an element outside, it may be limited again in total value, for example £1000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Andy
              Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
              EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
              [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Originally posted by Bhuna View Post
                Whilst household insurance may cover parts of kit because they do not reach the itemised threshold, you need to check the policy for what coverage you have for items whilst travelling or out and about. Household is usually for covering in the house contents and whilst covers an element outside, it may be limited again in total value, for example £1000.

That's true - however my household ( buildings & contents) insurance includes a separate limited section (£9k IIRC) which is for "all risks", i.e. anywhere in the world. I suspect most insurers can provide similar if requested.
                John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Quite agree John. I just wanted to point out that if anyone is relying on their cameras being covered under the household insurance because each lens and body is under the itemised limit that they should check the policy wording / clauses to make sure TOTAL coverage away from home also covered it.

It all depends what you ask for and subsequently pay the premium for. [emoji3]

Andy
                  Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
                  EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
                  [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Working...
                  X