Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from the Land of Fire and Ice

Hi,

I thought I should use my first post to tell a little about myself... I'm 60 years old and live in Reykjavík, Iceland, but I grew up in Tulsa Oklahoma. I got my first instamatic camera when I was around 6 or 7 years old. I got my first SLR camera in 1978 and my first digital camera in 2001. My first Canon camera was an EOS 400D, which I bought in 2007, and I bought a new one, an EOS 80D in January of this year. Along with my new camera, I got a card advertising EOS Magazine, and I decided to subscribe the other day and joined the forum today. I hope to be posting some of my pictures (mainly landscapes, sunsets and nature photos) here and getting tips from more experienced photographers to help me take better pictures.

Iceman
    Attached Files

Re: Greetings from the Land of Fire and Ice

Welcome to the Forum Iceman

Tom

Comment

Welcome Iceman

.........and we look forward to seeing some pictures of your beautiful adopted country.

I suggest you sort out a Flickr account to post pictures from as direct uploads can look soft.

We are a friendly bunch here and advice is freely given when requested.
      Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Welcome to the forum Iceman, I’m sure you will find it a friendly and informative place.

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
        Peter

Feel free to browse my
        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Thank you all for welcoming me.

Originally posted by lunarbo View Post
          Welcome Iceman

.........and we look forward to seeing some pictures of your beautiful adopted country.
          Iceland is not my adopted country. I was born here, to Icelandic parents, but my dad got a job teaching geophysics at the University of Tulsa, and we all moved to Oklahoma when I was 4 years old and lived there for the next 13 years. We spent most summers in Iceland and moved permanently back in the summer of 1975.

I suggest you sort out a Flickr account to post pictures from as direct uploads can look soft.
          I have my own domain, which I currently use only for emai. If I put my pictures up there, would linking to them here work the same as using Flickr?

We are a friendly bunch here and advice is freely given when requested.
          I've been looking around the forum and see that it is a friendly place. I look forward to both sharing my pictures and learning from you.

Iceman

Comment

Apologies, Iceman, for my presumption. How interesting that you have lived in 2 lands of such great contrast.

I'm no techie so cannot answer the question about your domain. Perhaps someone else can help

Comment

Apologies, Iceman, for my presumption. How interesting that you have lived in 2 lands of such great contrast.

I'm no techie so cannot answer the question about your domain. Perhaps someone else can help
              No need to apologise. The way I worded it, it was a natural misunderstanding. There is a lot of contrast, including photographically, but the pictures I took in Oklahoma weren't taken with an EOS camera, so I won't be sharing them here. I have since visited Delaware and Las Vegas, and have some pictures from those places and there are a couple of other places outside Iceland I've been since getting my first EOS. As for whether my domain will work for photo hosting, I guess the best way to find out is to just try it, so here goes. If this works, this picture was taken in northern Iceland a few years ago with my EOS 400D.

Iceman

Comment

Well, that didn't work. Let's try again.

Skagafjordur.jpg

Iceman

Comment

There we go. Now I know how to do it. It looks like the lens was dirty when I took that. A few minutes work in Gimp could fix that.

Iceman

Comment

Great - you're up and running.

As you say, a few spots to deal with and also maybe a gentle clockwise shunt to stop the Horizon Police swinging by!

Comment

Hi Iceman and welcome
                      Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                      Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X