Flickr Free Account to be limited to 1000 photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flickr Free Account to be limited to 1000 photos

I suspect that a lot of the free users may decide not to opt for a Pro account. Those who do decide to stay with a free account but have more than the 1000 images will have to cull some images to get below the limit.

One potential aspect of this will be existing/old threads on the forum could have missing images once Smugmug activate the free account limit.
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
      One potential aspect of this will be existing/old threads on the forum could have missing images once Smugmug activate the free account limit.
      Can already be seen in practice as both I and (I believe) Tom aka tesarver have deleted photos that had previously been linked to posts on here.
      Chris
      80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

It's funny how people seem to have been charged different amounts for their subscriptions , i've been on two year plans at $44.95 per 2 years so when my subscription changes next April it will double but i think it will still be worth it when you look around at other offerings , unless things go from bad to worse with the exchange rate after March.........
        Canon Eos 5D Mark IV + EF 16-35 L MkII + Tamron 24-70 DI VC USD G2 + Sigma 150-600 DG OS HSM S
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/60783975@N03/

Comment

When you consider what we pay for camera lens and other kit, it quite cheap
          Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
            When you consider what we pay for camera lens and other kit, it quite cheap
            Yes, I can afford to pay $50 per year but that's not the point for me. It is quite expensive if you have no need for any of the Pro features though, and they have increased the price substantially and tried to justify it by adding and improving those features that I have no need for in the first place.

My images are all resized and average 100k bytes each, I reckon. That's 100MB per 1000 shots so not a huge amount. There really ought to be a middle ground for people who want more than 1000 images but don't need the current Pro offering. IMO anyway.

For me it's also about trust and the fact that they are willing to delete millions of images. I think they have handled this poorly so far and I will wait to see how things pan out. I expect I will end up paying but am not going to rush into things in case the situation changes.
            Chris
            80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

I had a pro account when I first started on there , but dropped that during the cock up that Melissa Meyer made of it , I have over 7000 images on there spread over 10 years . I have yesterday signed up to a pro account again it actually works out to 50p a week or if already a pro 74 p a week , c,mon that’s the price of a can of coca-cola . Yet most of you also have several thousand pounds worth of gear .... also look at it the other way if your trying to catch up with image theft you need your Flickr stream to link to and as far as I’m concerned one payout from pixsy will cover a few years subs

Comment

Just upgraded to Pro which, with the discount on offer, cost me a trifling £27.80. However, had I seen any benefit I'd have done it before now. I didn't so I didn't. I still don't and how I hate having my arm twisted like this

Cheers,
                John

Comment

What other alternative is there, you will pay where ever you go
                  Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

When I first started using Flickr, you could only show 500 images. They only showed the last 500. So I have paid for many years. I was mainly using it for family abroad and friends.
                    I save every variation of all jpeg files. I treat this as one of my back-up places. Well worth it.
                    Janet

Canon 90D, 77D, Plus a load of lenses, especially macro.
                    http://www.leighcameraclub.co.uk/

Comment

Ditto - I don't like the way this is being done, or the price (when you find mention of it) being in dollars and expect once signed up prices will steadily climb. Haven't upgraded or read through t&c's yet but is renewal automatic rolling? If I thought there was somewhere preferable I would take my blurry photos elsewhere!
                      Last edited by goldenratio; 13-11-2018, 19:39.

Comment

Working...
                      X