Hello from Cheshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Cheshire

I have a 70D and just acquired an EOS-R body as I plan on moving up to a full frame sensor. Have a few question in this area so thought time to join the forum - though love the magazine, have read it for many years.

I mainly photograph wildlife, sometimes motorsport. For wildlife I input my records into the national biodiversity database, so often the key thing is having enough detail to identify the species, and that can range from a micromoth to a distant dragonfly or bird and often you have to be quick. So looking for fast autofocus, zoom lens with large range. The 70D sometimes hunts for focus, so I hope the EOS-R is better. It certainly seems less noisy at high ISO, which should help, especially on overcast days.

But which lense? Will probably have to wait until they announce an RF zoom with 300mm capability.

Steve

Re: Hello from Cheshire

Welcome to the forum Steve and look forward to seeing some of your work , you certainly live in a good part of the world for wildlife photography
    Steve ( LSINWP )
    1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Working...
    X