Update on my last post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on my last post

I've had an email from the manager of the hotel where I'll be on Saturday getting shots of the football march;I'll be sharing the balcony area with TV crews from the BBC and Sky,so,even more shots just there for the taking methinks!(Of the crews in action,I think my new 50mm f1.8 will come in handy)

Re: Update on my last post

Sounds interesting...what is the event?
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Oh....just seen your first post....55-250 will be with you too hopefully.
      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Hi Brian,yes I'll have it with me.The balcony bar is two or three floors up,but the square where the event is happening is just over the road,so the 50 for any shots of television crews at first,and then the 55_250 for everything else?

Comment

Good to see you are back with the Press Pack. I think you will be very well advised to seek the permission of the TV Camera Crews before you start photographing them. Camera Crews can be a funny lot - I know !!!!!!
          Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Good advice thanks Trev.

It will be interesting..for me at least..to be on the same balcony as them.The obvious difference this time as compared to the 10k race is that I'm getting shots of the event just for me and not any PR person.

A sea of blue and white football shirts etc should be quite a spectacle.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nighthawk View Post
              The obvious difference this time as compared to the 10k race is that I'm getting shots of the event just for me and not any PR person.
              If photography is your hobby and not your business, that’s the best way to look at it Roy

John

Comment

Thanks John,whilst doing the race event was a new experience for me,and I do like new experiences,getting shots just for myself suits me better.

Having used the camera at outdoor events during the last few months has given me confidence,and opened up whole new avenues to explore,as with me approaching the hotel to ask if I can use their balcony.

Comment

If Matt Short the freelancer that the Leicester Mercury use is there tomorrow,I'll ask his advice re what aperture etc to use before he starts working.

I chatted to him at the 10k race and he's very approachable and willing to give advice to amateur"togs"like me.

Comment

If there are film crews on the same balcony they may well try to 'muscle' everybody else out of the picture (pardon the pun). Grab your spot early.

Comment

Hi Keith,there was just one cameraman from Sky TV on the balcony(the others and BBC were at street level) and he was fine.All I had to contend with was a load of very loud footie fans in a cramped space,but I had enough room.
                      I got my spot 45 minutes before the march moved off.There were three other togs with big Canons and Nikons but of course they were no bother at all.

Comment

IMG_0062 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr

There you go Trev,admittedly it's not of the chap with the camera,but it'll do for me.He was recording for Sky,not going out live.

Comment

Working...
                        X