EOS magazine advert The Photography Show

Thread: Its goodby ater 8 years

Member*

Default Its goodby ater 8 years

The time for renewal came round and I looked at the last few issues. Most of the contents were press hand outs from canon and adds. One may be two articles of interest, so no I'm not renewing I get plenty of messages from Canon with out having to pay for them and there are plenty of magazines on photography I find I get more from.
    Last edited by John7; 09-11-2018 at 17:22.

Default Re: Its goodby ater 8 years

That’s a shame John...the magazine is an invaluable reference for the technical aspects of using canon gear....such content is seldom covered in Canon media....and very valuable when you change model
    You don’t need to leave the forum which I’d also a great resource of course.
    Canon EOS 5D MKIV, 17-40 f4L, 24-105 f4L, 24mm f1.4L II, 50mm f1.2L, 100mm f2.8L macro, 200mm f2.8L II
    Canon EOS 200D
    EF-S 10-18mm STM, EF-S 18-55mm STM, EF-S18-55mm IS II, EF-S 55-250mm IS STM, EF-S 24mm f2.8 STM, EF-S 35mm Macro STM, EF 50mm f1.8 STM, 85mm f1.8 USM

brianvickersphotography.com

I second Brian's comments. I have kept my old copies and refer to them for both the reasons given above.

I don't get to read other photography mags although when a forum member had an article in it a few months ago, I obtained a copy of Digital SLR photography. Interesting but not specific to Canon so pages and pages of stuff I skipped.

Have to say I trawl the Internet and You Tube but there's something cosy about the EOS mag and I'm sticking with it !

As Brian says, no need for you to go away !
    Canon 5d mk iv plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

I am the Training Officer of my local camera club and I often refer to articles in EOS magazine when teaching. The technical articles, updates etc are a superb resource and I have to say that of the 4 photography magazines that I read the EOS magazine is one I would miss the most. Clearly any magazine dedicated to a single marque is going to contain company handouts. These are useful as they are in written rather than electronic form.
    The quality of the technical articles in the magazine is excellent and always pertinent as it only refers to Canon equipment rather than being general, as in other magazines.
    Last edited by SpringfieldPhoto; 22-12-2018 at 02:05.
    Alan

2 5D Mk IVs, EOS 3, Canon 20mm f2.8, Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art, Sigma 50mm f1.4 Art, Sigma 105mm f1.4 Art, Canon 85mm f1.4, Tamron 24-70 f2.8, Sigma 70-200 f2.8 and Sigma 150mm f2.8 macro.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Member*

I haven't renewed yet but will do. It's not that I don't value the editorial (although concede there is a lot of Canon material) I simply don't seem to have the time to sit down and read magazines these days.

Cheers,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by ColytonJohn View Post
    I haven't renewed yet but will do. It's not that I don't value the editorial (although concede there is a lot of Canon material) I simply don't seem to have the time to sit down and read magazines these days.

Cheers,
    John
    This is why I havenít renewed yet. No time to read it at the moment. Hopefully will change next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Andy
    Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
    EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
    [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

I must admit I had a few gap years when I lost my way and tried smaller format cameras.....when I came back I had the electronic and print subscription with access to all the back issues which was really good as I could swat up on all the new models.

I'm mindful of supporting via subscription as it supports the forum and access to expert knowledge.
    Canon EOS 5D MKIV, 17-40 f4L, 24-105 f4L, 24mm f1.4L II, 50mm f1.2L, 100mm f2.8L macro, 200mm f2.8L II
    Canon EOS 200D
    EF-S 10-18mm STM, EF-S 18-55mm STM, EF-S18-55mm IS II, EF-S 55-250mm IS STM, EF-S 24mm f2.8 STM, EF-S 35mm Macro STM, EF 50mm f1.8 STM, 85mm f1.8 USM

brianvickersphotography.com

I may be joining you in not resubscrbing. I never received the Jan issue and I never got any replies to two emails. Why should I care if they don’t?
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/37359889@N03/
    20D ; 1DIII ; 5D III ; EF 8-15mm F4L ; EF 11-24mm F4L ; EF 24-70mm F2.8l ii
    EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II EF 135mm F2L ; EF 300mm F4L IS ; Extender EF 1.4 II
    Gitzo GT 1541T Traveller tripod ; 360 Precision Atome head ; Gitzo GH1780QR head ; Gitzo GM5561T monopod

Quote Originally Posted by terrycym View Post
    I may be joining you in not resubscrbing. I never received the Jan issue and I never got any replies to two emails. Why should I care if they donít?
    @terrycym I've just replied to your email that you sent yesterday.

I'll be checking personally to find out what happened to your previous emails, though my best guess at this stage would be that they weren't received/were incorrectly filtered out by our spam filter. I'm confident that we'd never knowingly or deliberately ignore an email from a subscriber!

We'll also get a replacement copy of the January-March 2019 issue in the post to you tomorrow.

Claire