What's so special about this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's so special about this?

It's pleasant enough, I suppose, with good light and detail but nothing to get too excited about. I uploaded it to Flickr yesterday as an afterthought just to be in company with a couple of other, better, images I took in Totnes on Saturday. I wasn't planning to post it here and probably wouldn't have even added it to any Flickr groups.

However, overnight it went mad and is now my most faved and most viewed image.

So what happened? Well, one group invite I received was for 'In Explore' which I gather, is for images that have automatically been added to Flickr Explore yet from what I can see selection for Explore is by an algorithm making selection based on the image's activity yet I don't see how that can apply here.

If, then, this is in Explore it's probably my first so I should be and I suppose I am pleased but I just can't help being disappointed it wasn't one of my better images.

5D3_9606-Edit_AuroraHDR2019-edit by John Leah, on Flickr

Actually, looking at it previewed here, maybe it's not that bad

Cheers,
    John

Re: What's so special about this?

It's that little bit of red. Does it every time. Algorithms just love a little red. The picture's not that bad either.

Comment

Congratulations John - I must confess I find myself utterly confumbled by Explore.

Some of the images are astoundingly good but many could have taken by a disinterested child with a box brownie - utterly banal!

Obviously I'm missing something, but Lord knows what!
      Last edited by John Liddle; 20-11-2018, 20:05. Reason: speeling
      John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Well I like it, nice vibrant natural looking autumnal colours
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

It's a very nice image, John, so just bask in the glory and don't question too deeply.
          Canon EOS 7D
          EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
          Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
          flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Lovely John
            Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Thanks folks, as always I appreciate you looking and commenting.

I have to confess this one is growing on me especially after printing it and I think a larger print will find its way onto the wall of my friends Totnes B&B which was the reason for my photography visit to the town. I did leave it a bit late in the day but Totnes is so photogenic I'll be back.

Incidentally, this image is four shots stitched in PS then processed in AuroraHDR 2019.

John: I've just been looking at Explore images and see what you mean

Cheers,
              John

Comment

I also like this one, especially after looking at it full screen on Flickr.
                I think this time, unlike the previous shot, I would clone out the two people (or change the colour of the red coat )

John

Comment

Thanks John

I daren't clone out that bit of red as, if Treff is correct and it's the only reason Explore picked it up, I'd be afraid of being drummed out of the Explorers Club and losing what are now approaching 6,000 views

Cheers,
                  John

Comment

Working...
                  X