YARD (Yet Another Red Deer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YARD (Yet Another Red Deer)

Apologies for adding to the recent plethora of red deer shots but I've not been out photographing much recently. Yesterday I managed to fit in a visit to Windsor Great Park with the original intention of getting some shots of the red kites. Unfortunately, a combination of poor light and them not really playing ball meant I'd walked nearly six miles carrying the camera & lens for almost nowt. Luckily, the red deer were far more agreeable in having their photos taken.

Red Deer Stag by Chris Trollen, on Flickr
    Last edited by ctrollen; 22-11-2018, 17:46.
    Chris
    80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Re: YARD (Yet Another Red Deer)

If you'd taken a few paces left, those highlights above his back would probably have been hidden behind his neck/head. Unfortunately they do draw my attention but could easily be cloned out along with the one near the right hand edge.
    Nice shot with lovely colours though.

John

Comment

What highlights??!! Thanks for the feedback, John. It's amazing what becomes clear once someone points it out!
      Chris
      80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Originally posted by ctrollen View Post
        What highlights??!! Thanks for the feedback, John. It's amazing what becomes clear once someone points it out!
        Cheers Chris

John

Comment

Nice one Chris, personally I find nothing wrong with a bit a sky showing through the trees. Looking out the window as I write this I can see a bit of sky showing through my woodland!
          Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Nice shot Chris, crisp and lovely detail.

Bill.
            7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

That’s a nice shot but perhaps get rid of the white blob on the right edge of the frame
              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
              flickr

Comment

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Not sure how/why I still missed the other highlight on the RHS, especially after Swanny explicitly pointed it out.
                Chris

Comment

Working...
                X