EOS magazine advert The Photography Show
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Challenge 149: Back to Basics

Member*

Default Re: Challenge 149: Back to Basics

The "week to go" *bump*
    Chris
    80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

EOS 60d, EF50mm 1.8, EF-S18-55mm 3.5-5.6, EF 28-90mm 4-5.6, EF-S 55-250mm 4-5.6 IS, Sigma 10-20mm 3.5 EX DC HSM
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jongoodger/

Member*

Challenge now closed. I will post the results a little later.
    Chris
    80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Member*

Thanks to everyone who entered the latest challenge. A few more entries would have been nice (especially as this has run for nine weeks!) but I expect there have been other distractions for a lot of people.

Here are my thoughts on the entries. They are just my opinion and in no way represent an experts opinion!!!

Two cases - farider
    A nice simple shot harking back to a bygone era of travel without endless security and carbon-fibre wheely cases! I like the composition & lighting and it is sharp from front to back.

Dishwasher - Daisy M
    Lovely pink gloves, Dave! It's well done given I assume a tripod, timer release and a quick dash round the front was your method - not easy! Full-size on Flickr it looks like the focus point is more on the margerine tub and unfortunately the main subject, i.e. you, the gloves & the cloth are a little soft. It did make me though.

Horse & trap - AlexR!
    A nice idea for the brief but unfortunately it's quite dark and a little blurred/soft. Cropping to include just the first grey horse might have led to a better composition due to the out-of-focus person's back on the left. The motorbike's headlight also distracts from the main subject.

Basic puppy training - Bhuna
    Woody is very, very cute and this is a nice sharp, portrait of him. My only very minor gripes are the hair across his left eye and the fact that his colour and the background are very similar so his right ear has got a bit lost!

Eat your heart out Aunt Bessy - ST-EOS
    I like the simple composition, the lighting and the reflections (although the reflection of the eggs is extremely close to the bottom of the frame). With the background being completely obscured/black there are no distractions.

Fake display - ricewind
    I think this shot is a nice idea but let down a little by the lighting. I assume that the placement was deliberate but can't help thinking an adjustment of the shadows and highlights might improve things a little.

And so here are my top three, in the classic reverse order:-

3rd: Basic puppy training - Bhuna
    2nd: Two cases - farider
    1st: Eat your heart out Aunt Bessy - ST-EOS

All round to Peter's for pancakes, I reckon
    Chris

Well done Peter and my fellow podium place!

Thanks Chris for the judging, comments, and the competition.

Look forward to your new challenge Peter

Ian
    Ian

Member*

Well done to all three found it difficult to split you all, so well done Peter. Thanks Chris for setting an interesting subject, not many can say they have led the challenge two months running.

Congrats Peter. (Guess the sob story didnít work LOL).

Fully agree with the comments actually especially our rug colour. Woody camouflages himself well. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Andy
    Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
    EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
    [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Thanks Chris for setting this challenge. I shall put my thinking hat on to come up with the next challenge.
    BTW, whilst the ingredients could have made pancakes. I donít think that well known Auntie manufacturers pancakes but she does a large range of Yorkshire Puddings

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12