Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chilean Flamingo WWT Martin Mere

Hi all.

I have been a long term member of this forum...originally under another name...a different email address...a @freeserve.co.uk one that Orange closed down when they sold out to EE. I forget my login details and obviously could not get a reminder as the email address was no longer available so I signed up again under my new email.

My wife passed away early 2016 leaving me and my son Billy who at the time was 8yrs old. I lost all motivation for a while and neglected the hobby until recently really. It was a lot to take in...and left me with a lot to take care of and so the camera gear...and bike...and pencils...and pretty much everything else I did as a hobby was set to one side whilst we adjusted to our new life.

Well, we are further down our new path and Billy has not only taken up riding (road bikes) with me meaning we get out together and keep fit...but he has also taken an interest in photography meaning I am able to get out and about with the camera gear again. It would be very difficult dragging an 11yr old boy around cold wintry hides if he was not interested in joining in. So I thought I would pop in and say hi.

I will do my best to keep up with the forum as and when I can and will post images that I think people may like to see/critique for me. I think Billy may like me to post the odd one or two of his in here as well.

The only thing is...I cannot remember exactly how to upload images. I have tried with this flamingo but not sure if it is correct for all screens...any help gratefully received

Cheers

Ian
    Attached Files

Re: Chilean Flamingo WWT Martin Mere

nice detail and the black background really sets the bird off.

As far as uploading is concerned, looks like you have done it correctly but posting direct from your computer to this forum does tend to degrade images to varying degrees so it is far better to use flickr and link to the forum from there
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Hi Ian
      So sorry to hear of the sad loss of your wife.

Your picture, I like it something a bit different.

Regarding up-loading, much better to post picture to the Forum via Flickr. Do you have a Flickr account.
      There is a Thread further up the page with details for uploading to the Forum from Flickr.

I'm sure we will all look forward to seeing your picture in due course and those of young Billy - I have a young Grandson called Billy.
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Sorry for your loss Ian, must be a difficult adjustment for you & Billy. So glad you have found things in common, I like the detail in the feathers on this shot & as Trev says, “ something different”. Looking forward to seeing young Billy’s shots. Though having taught my son, he now produces far better images than me, so be warned.
        Dave

Comment

Nice work.

Bill.
          7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Great detail, lovely photo.

Stephen
            Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
            Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Working...
            X