Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clear all settings

Hi guys,

Just been taking some pictures with my 6D II when I noticed the Exp.comp was set to +2. I often experiment but always do a “Clear all camera settings” which I’m sure I did earlier today. Is it possible in any way to not clear all the setting?

Re: Clear all settings

'Clear all settings' is both powerful and misleading. Using it will return the camera to its factory settings, it will not clear any adjustments such as aperture or speed settings or indeed exposure compensation that you have applied. Your manual will give you the list of items concerned.
    If you've personalised the camera with items such as Copyright Information or WiFi settings, all would be lost.

If you like to experiment then you could try using the C1 & C2 settings - they are worth looking and changing them around doesn't affect the other Program Modes.

My comments are based on 5 years with the 6D, I doubt whether the Mk11 is much different!

Hope this helps.
    Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Re: Clear all settings

Thanks Bob, my error, I had been playing around with manual exposures earlier and I had left the Quick Control Dial unlocked, so I had inadvertently adjusted the exposure compensation, which is obviously why you can lock it. Incidentally the "clear all settings" does reset the exposure compensation.

Cheers,

Charles

Comment

Working...
      X