Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Looks like I've found a solution to getting a bounce card.. - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like I've found a solution to getting a bounce card..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I've found a solution to getting a bounce card..

Until now,it seemed that getting a bounce card for my 430-EX II flash wouldn't be possible unless a DIY one was used.

I've found this;https://www.wexphotovideo.com/lastol...EaAq_SEALw_wcB which seems to be just the job.

It will be used mainly for introducing catch-lights in their eyes when I'm getting people shots at various events next year.

Any ideas welcomed please.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-12-2018, 16:55.

Re: Looks like I've found a solution to getting a bounce card..

TBH Roy, you will be just as well off with a piece of card and an elastic band - it will do the same job.

Does the 430ex not come with a built in reflector (I don't know off hand)
    Regards
    Lez

5Ds // 5D Mark III //
    7D Mark II // 16-35 f4L // 24-70 f2.8L II //
    24-105 f4L II // 70-200 f4 L // 70-200 f2.8 Lis II // 50 f1.2L // 85 f1.8 //100 f2.8Lis // 200 f2.8L // 300 f4Lis // 1.4ex // .......... and a longer wish list

Comment

Nope to the reflector,it doesn't have one Lez.

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Man View Post
        TBH Roy, you will be just as well off with a piece of card and an elastic band - it will do the same job.

Does the 430ex not come with a built in reflector (I don't know off hand)
        I believe the 430ex11 only has a wide panel (textured plastic screen) but is without the white catchlight panel. That seems like a strange arrangement not to include a catchlight panel in this model. However the 430 mark 111 version has both a wide and catchlight panels!.

I do agree with Lez regarding the use of white card and an elastic band rather than that expensive option that you provided a link to Roy. But it's you money.
        Peter

Feel free to browse my
        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Yes Peter you're right regarding the wide flip down panel,and no catchlight one.

I appreciate that you and Lez are trying to save me money by going for the rubber band and card solution,but I think getting the card in the right place each time might be a faff when out and about.I'd think it would somehow need to be wedged inside the flash head.

I'll probably go for the one in the link,I don't mind the cost if it'll improve the look of my people shots by introducing catchlights,and the whole set up might be easier to use too.

Am I right in thinking these bounce cards push more of the light forwards towards a subject's face?
          Last edited by Guest; 05-12-2018, 17:00.

Comment

Working...
          X