Arundel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arundel

dull, dark and dank day.....but I took the opportunity while passing with 200D 18-55 and 55-200STM

any comments welcome...

_MG_0033 by brianvickers

_MG_0038 by brianvickers

_MG_0044 by brianvickers

_MG_0025 by brianvickers
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Re: Arundel

Brian, I know you'd want me to be honest. My gut feeling at first sight was that they could all do with a bit more contrast, they seem slightly flat and almost faded, probably because of the dull light. On looking on Flickr they are better so perhaps that is one issue, but I think could still do with a little more 'va va voom' to bring out the brickwork and details. That said, compositionally my favourite of the set is MG_044, but my fave on Flickr is MG_0015. Hope that is ok.
    Canon EOS 7D
    EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
    Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
    flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Of course it is Alex...thanks for this.
      Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Well .............. it may not be the best lighting in the world, but it's still better than my shots of Arundel. I have driven by many times and not bothered to stop. Must rectify that in the future.
        Colin

Comment

I’ve only driven past once before and so impressed by the setting promised myself I’d stop. I was a bit lazy though having the 85f1.8 in my bag but didn’t bother to change over...kicking myself all the way up the A27!
          Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Having never driven by the place it looks impressive. Thanks for taking the time to stop and share these images.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
              dull, dark and dank day.....but I took the opportunity while passing with 200D 18-55 and 55-200STM
              From somewhere along that stretch of bypass between the roundabouts I guess?

Shame you had such flat light though the 1st one has a nice bit of menace in the sky. Could be worth turning them into mono and going to work on them a bit...
              Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Very nice Brian - somewhere else I've passed but never stopped
                Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

I think with the pictures being a bit flat, (but better than any of mine) it gives it an oldy worldy look as there are no obvious modern intrusions with the exception of the train line, would like to see them in b&w. Fav is 0033 for atmosphere.

Ron GH

Comment

Thanks All for your comments...I will try some mono conversions as suggested.
                    Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Working...
                    X