• Time
  • Show
Clear All

1DX2 vs R

Anyone compared these two?

Brian
    ef-r

Re: 1DX2 vs R

No ........... 'fraid to ........... my 1Dx2 might come out second!
    Colin

Comment

… I don't think so …

But others may have a different opinion ….

Brian
      ef-r

Comment

They're not really comparable. The EOS R is pretty much equivalent to the 6D2.
        General opinion, and rumours, is that a mirrorless equivalent to the 1DX2 won't be released for some time, most likely ahead of the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo which will be a massive event for all camera manufacturers.
        It makes sense than Canon will want to get feedback and iron out any issues with their full frame mirrorless range before they release the top of the range professional model where they can't afford any slip ups.
        EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard W View Post
          They're not really comparable. The EOS R is pretty much equivalent to the 6D2.
          General opinion, and rumours, is that a mirrorless equivalent to the 1DX2 won't be released for some time, most likely ahead of the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo which will be a massive event for all camera manufacturers.
          It makes sense than Canon will want to get feedback and iron out any issues with their full frame mirrorless range before they release the top of the range professional model where they can't afford any slip ups.
          Certainly the 1 series have come out on for the Olympics - it will be interesting to see whether a 1dx digital is the same size in order to carry the big battery needed.

My little M5 is a sweet camera - but the battery life is a bit short so I have to carry spares. I love some of the features in it. As I don't do movies I have resisted the upgrade to a M50.

It is lather funny to see the M5 with the 600/f5 lens attached

Brian
          ef-r

Comment

Working...
          X