Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

END-OF YEAR SHOWCASE........ IS HERE

EOS SHOWCASE 2018 - IS HERE !

This is the opportunity for all forum members to show your best work alongside that of other members and for these images to be judged by your fellow peers.

You may choose up to 5 images, taken by you using a Canon EOS Camera between January 1st 2018 and December 31st 2018 and be in jpeg format. You will choose into which category they should go from the selection shown below but only 2 are allowed in the same category.

Each image will be posted into one of 9 categories after the competition closing date and you will be invited to vote for your favourites. All votes are anonymous from everyone else- only you and the organiser will know how you have voted -but you are not allowed to vote for your own image. If you enter an image you MUST vote. If you have not entered an image then enjoy the display and then vote -we really welcome your votes too.

EOS Magazine have very generously offered a £50 voucher for the owner of the photo that gets the most votes overall, to be spent in the EOS Shop. Lots of lovely goodies there! In previous years EOS Magazine has also featured the winners but this obviously depends on their page commitments. However, this Showcase is essentially for us to have some fun, and maybe have some modest Bragging Rights.

RULES

1. You must be a registered user of the EOS Magazine Forum with an overall total minimum post count of 10 by December 31st 2018

2. You must be the photographer who created the image(s) and have all relevant permissions for the picture to be published publicly in order to enter the challenge.

3. Photos must have been taken with a Canon EOS Camera ie SLR / DSLR / M & R series

4. You must ensure your images are a maximum of 1024 pixels along its widest/longest edge, be in JPEG format and the file size must not exceed 5 MG

5. Entries must be visibly anonymous with no watermarks, distinguishing features or borders.

6. Photos must have been taken between 1st January 2018 and 31st December 2018 inclusive and arrive in the organiser's inbox (entry details advised below) before midnight UK time on Sunday 13th January 2019

7. EXIF data should be intact so that I can verify the relevant points above

8. After the closing date I will post new threads to show the entries in each category and there will be a brief period to check that your entry is as you expected. I will then invite everyone to commence voting and voting will last for a period of 7 days.

9. Images should be sent to showcasecharlie@yahoo.com and you should indicate in the email:-

• Your real name
    • Your forum name
    • Your number of postings as at 31.12.18
    • A title for each image that you submit
    • Which category each image is for

10. Please attach your entries to the email rather than embed within it.

11. It is your responsibility to ensure your pictures meet the rules! If they are not clearly verifiable they may be excluded without explanation, although I will do my best to advise you accordingly

12. The organiser may also enter the challenge (the entries are anonymous and the organiser is trusted to record votes accurately).

13. Up to FIVE entries are permitted for this challenge, but only TWO can be in the same category. If after entering you want to withdraw an entry, or replace it, this is allowed providing it is done before the closing date for entry and you make it clear in an email to the organiser what you want doing - so ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture

14. If you enter, you HAVE TO VOTE - failure to vote during the vote period will result in your entries being disqualified.

15. You may not vote for your own image

16. The organiser’s decision is final- this competition is being held in good spirit. Please do not PM me with disagreements and disputes during or after the competition.

CATEGORIES

1. BLACK & WHITE only.
    2. HDR, COLOUR POPPING,INFRA-RED and any other photographic 'technique'
    3. LANDSCAPE PHOTOGRAPHY - Landscapes, seascapes and the urban landscape.
    4. MACRO PHOTOGRAPHY - Close-ups of any subject.
    5. NATURE PHOTOGRAPHY - Animals, flowers and other living things.
    6. PEOPLE & PORTRAITS - Portraits, travel and street photography.
    7. SPORT & ACTION PHOTOGRAPHY - All sports and action.
    8. TRANSPORT - Cars, bikes, ships, boats, planes, etc.
    9. XTRA –OTHER -Anything else that does not fall into above categories.

** It is your responsibility to ensure that your photo falls in the right category

Entries may be made from December 28th 2018 until midnight UK time on January 13th January 2019

Send your entries by email to showcasecharlie@yahoo.com No other email/file transfer will be considered. I will acknowledge receipt of entries as soon as I can. If you encounter problems try again after a few hours or if you have concerns send me a PM to advise me

Please try not to leave everything to the last minute so that I can run this competition smoothly for the benefit of us all

Get your thinking caps on, select your own best images of 2018, and let’s have a great competition.

Good luck everybody

Bo
    Last edited by lunarbo; 19-12-2018, 16:04.
    Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Re: END-OF YEAR SHOWCASE........ IS HERE

OK Guys start sending......................!

Comment

Entries are thundering in..............Thanks to all who have submitted.

You should all have received an acknowledgement so if there is anyone who thinks their entry may have gone amiss please let me know by PM

Just to remind you that all entries close at the end of this weekend - Sunday night 13th January

Comment

Yes, got already to do this and realised I didn't qualify due to lack of posts on the forum - oh

Comment

Originally posted by SusanA View Post
          Yes, got already to do this and realised I didn't qualify due to lack of posts on the forum - oh
          Do another 7 very quickly.
          Colin

Comment

Do another 7 very quickly.
            Sorry Susan you should have had 10 posts by 31st Dec 2018 -see rule 1 above

With 3 posts in the 15 months since you've joined I hope you won't be shy from here on in.....

Comment

OK folks,competition is now closed.

Backroom team now at work. ...

Watch this space, I will post later on today
              Last edited by lunarbo; 14-01-2019, 08:22.

Comment

OK I am very disappointed it appears that the website on which the images are being displayed, is selling the images that have been entered into the end of year showcase.

I do not recall this ever being mentioned in the competition rules. I do not recall releasing my copyright to any of the images that I submitted to the showcase.
                Flickr
                Web Page
                Instagram
                Facebook

Comment

I'm sorry but I find it highly unethical at the very least that images that have been submitted to this competition are now on sale
                  Flickr
                  Web Page
                  Instagram
                  Facebook

Comment

Jonathon,

I have already replied to you privately but am happy to post here as other members may well share your concern.

At no time was it the intention for any images to be on sale, or for the copyright to be released. If that had been so then it would have been clearly stated in the T&C's.

I have written to the owner of the website. Hopefully this is something that a flick of the mouse can resolve

Comment

This is resolved now.
                      The gallery had the default settings of all of the galleries on my website - this is set so that friends and family members can buy prints from wedding shoots.
                      The EOS gallery settings have now been changed such that buying is not possible.
                      While the default settings were in place it was still not possible to download any images and sales were limited to 7x5 prints due to the small file sizes.
                      There was never any intention to put images up for sale....and quite categorically there was no unethical intent....just a voluntary effort to help enable the showcase to happen.
                      I apologise for any distress caused to any contributor.
                      There have been no sales by the way
                      Last edited by @imagesBV; 15-01-2019, 19:28.
                      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Thank you to Bo and Brian for your quick response in resolving this matter.
                        Flickr
                        Web Page
                        Instagram
                        Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan Teatime View Post
                          I'm sorry but I find it highly unethical at the very least that images that have been submitted to this competition are now on sale
                          Hmmm, surely a PM could have resolved this?
                          Colin

Comment

Working...
                          X