Small constant lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small constant lighting

I'm interested in a portable constant LED for tabletop work and extra light for portraits on the hoof.....I've seen the Manfrotto Lumimuse and Lumi Cube units.....but has anyone had any experience or have insights to this approach?

I'm thinking this would be a better set up than using the pop up flash in certain circumstances as position can be varied and a constant light enables the modelling effects to be assessed better.
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Small constant lighting

Sorry Brian I can’t help. But I did notice an article in the latest issue of the EOS magazine where the photographer had used the Manfrotto LED light. I’d not come across them before. It looks to be a nice little light though, with one version with Bluetooth connectivity that can be controlled via an iPhone App that allows a variable output rather than the 25-50-75-100% switchable output options on the device.
    Thanks for posting this as I was about to post a similar request

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Re: Small constant lighting

Thanks for that - I’d not got to that article yet...I will look it up ...and do a search for you tube reviews too.
      Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Small constant lighting

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
        Thanks for that - I’d not got to that article yet...I will look it up ...and do a search for you tube reviews too.
        I found a video review Brian which described the Manfrotto device very well:-

Richard reviews the Manfrotto Lumimuse 8 Bluetooth. Its a small, but powerful LED light that can be controlled via bluetooth connection to an iOS device.More...

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
        Last edited by ST-EOS; 23-12-2018, 20:37.
        Peter

Feel free to browse my
        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

You could always have a look at the Yongnuo versions too - like the YN300 Air panel (about £25), small enough to fit in the hot shoe. They are also more powerful than the manfrotto versions. I use 2 YN600 panels (older versions), but they do the job at a reasonable price.
          Regards
          Lez

5Ds // 5D Mark III //
          7D Mark II // 16-35 f4L // 24-70 f2.8L II //
          24-105 f4L II // 70-200 f4 L // 70-200 f2.8 Lis II // 50 f1.2L // 85 f1.8 //100 f2.8Lis // 200 f2.8L // 300 f4Lis // 1.4ex // .......... and a longer wish list

Comment

Thanks Peter I’ll view that one, and thanks Lez got the alternative
            Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Working...
            X