Trip to Iceland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trip to Iceland

Sorry about that Colin, airlines seem to be a law onto themselves. I've had no end of problems with them over the years. They seem to make a major issue out of the most simple of things.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Hmmm, seems rather odd to me.

Change a couple of names on a ticket and they want a decades notice, yet if they want to change my flight, it takes but a nanosecond!
      Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
        Trips pre-booked are:

Northern Lights
        Whale Watching
        Blue Lagoon

Is there anything else I should consider while we are there?
        Hi, Icelander here. I would higly recomend the "Golden Circle" day trip. You'll see Þingvellir (Palriament Plains), where the world's oldest, still functioning parliament was founded, and where the North American and Eurpean tectonic plates meet, Gullfoss (Golden Falls), a really beautiful waterfall, and Geysir, the gyser from which all other gysers get their name. If the weather is good, all three places will give you oportunities for beautiful pictures. Also, while you're in Reykjavík, you might want to go down to the shore an have a look at the mountains across the bay. We also have some old houses, mainly downtown, but there's also a "house museum" called "Árbæjarsafn". I have more suggestions, but they would take longer, and I don't know how long you're planning to stay.

Iceman

So I am considering:

Body with spare batteries and CF cards.
        17-40mm f4
        24-70mm f2.8
        70-200mm f2.8
        1.4x extender
        Small tripod
        Lee Filters

Anything you would add, or even better, anything I can ditch from that lot? Any advice would be most welcome.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
        X