Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hello all, i am new to the forum. I have found reading the posts on the forum very useful. I have just upgraded to my first full frame EOS 6D with my EOS 650D as my back up
    Jackie
    Last edited by Jackie; 06-01-2019, 12:51.

Re: Hello

Hello Jackie and welcome to the Forum. Look forward to seeing some of your work and please feel free to comment on anyone else's work, your opinion is as valid as any other member..

I think the 6D is one of Can's best kept secrets: Full frame, everything you need and no unnecessary frills. Great piece of kit.
    Colin

Comment

Hi, looking forward to seeing your work too.
      Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Welcome.

Can't beat the 6D for value. Have you paired it with any particular lenses?
        Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Hi Jackie - welcome to the Forum
          Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Tom

Comment

Hello Bob,

I have borrowed a Canon 28-105 mm f/3.5 - 4.5 so I can play with my camera. This will keep me going until I can decide which lenses to get. Any recommendations?

Jackie

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                Hello Bob,

I have borrowed a Canon 28-105 mm f/3.5 - 4.5 so I can play with my camera. This will keep me going until I can decide which lenses to get. Any recommendations?

Jackie
                Jackie,

Depends what you like to shoot and your budget. My favourite general purpose lens is the 24-105 L f4. For days when something lighter is preferred I can recommend the 35mm f2 IS.
                My collection has been built up over a few years and includes a few second hand examples.
                Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

I recall on another thread you mentioned sport and wildlife, so if you are on a budget, try a Canon EF 75-300mm f4-5.6 III. A bit slow and they won't accept Canon extenders, but some third party manufacturers will work. Available used on auction sites for around £100.

A bit more budget gets you a used 100-400mm L series lens for £200-300.

Quite a bit more budget gets you a used 100-400mm L series MKII, which is pretty much the cream of the crop for £600-1,000. It retails @around £2,000, but shop around and places like HDEW cameras will get you a new one for just over £1,300.

I always prefer to spend my limited cash on the best glass I can and far better to have one or two really good lenses that you really need, rather than spending out on a bagful of lesser quality lenses, most of which you will rarely use. I use all of my lenses regularly, because I "needed" every one of them. The only one I don't is an 8-15mm fisheye zoom, which I bought because I always "wanted" a fisheye. I have used it in anger just three times!

Hope that helps.
                  Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                    I recall on another thread you mentioned sport and wildlife, so if you are on a budget, try a Canon EF 75-300mm f4-5.6 III. A bit slow and they won't accept Canon extenders, but some third party manufacturers will work. Available used on auction sites for around £100.

A bit more budget gets you a used 100-400mm L series lens for £200-300.

Quite a bit more budget gets you a used 100-400mm L series MKII, which is pretty much the cream of the crop for £600-1,000. It retails @around £2,000, but shop around and places like HDEW cameras will get you a new one for just over £1,300.

I always prefer to spend my limited cash on the best glass I can and far better to have one or two really good lenses that you really need, rather than spending out on a bagful of lesser quality lenses, most of which you will rarely use. I use all of my lenses regularly, because I "needed" every one of them. The only one I don't is an 8-15mm fisheye zoom, which I bought because I always "wanted" a fisheye. I have used it in anger just three times!

Hope that helps.
                    I have the 100-400 mm L lens. I am now looking to get a general purpose lens.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Jackie
                      Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Working...
                      X