Laura

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laura

I don't normally do portraits, far too busy trying to lock on to feathery things. But, this time of year, a nice warm studio is a wondrous thing.

C18I5220b by Colin Cross, on Flickr
    Colin

Re: Laura

Beautiful control of lighting and accessories, having a beautiful model helped, she has wonderful eyes.

Comment

Thanks for looking.

It was mostly lighting and a little bit of help post editing to get the effect I was after. The lighting was just one studio flash with a diffuser and a reflector. Sometimes I get far too complicated with lighting and use every toy in the box, this time I kept it simple.
      Colin

Comment

Nice lighting and well taken Colin

Tom

Comment

That’s a lovely picture Colin, well done.

Ian
          Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Perfect. The eyes definitely have it there, Colin.

Like you said, keep it simple and let the shot speak for itself.

Very nice indeed... clean and simple.

Mike
            flickr
            5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Great lighting. Always a challenge when the sitter is wearing a hat. Lovely shot that shows Laura off very well.
              Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Nailed it there Colin, great light, great pose, great model...........just great
                Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Comment

She is in a Camera Club competition on Tuesday, I'll let you know what the judge thinks.
                  Colin

Comment

Trouble with camera club competitions is so many judges are landscape photographers and really don't understand the complexity of getting really good portraits. Anyway best of luck, if I was the judge I'd give it top marks.
                    Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

Comment

It has been Judged and found wanting!

He would like to have seen a little more of her left eye, therefore he marked it down to 9.5 out of 10. Not complaining, could have been a lot worse.
                      Colin

Comment

You was robbed!!!!!
                        Alan

Comment

Really like the lighting and the pose, it for combination which somehow resembles painting.
                          London professional Portrait & Headshot photographer

Comment

Working...
                          X