Scanning photos...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scanning photos...

Scanners usually have a native resolution and anything past that point is interpolation. That is why the quality got worse at 1200 DPI more than likely. Print quality is generally 300 DPI and many times 600 DPI is the native resolution. I am not sure you are going to achieve what you are seeking. Multi use devices aren't usually built to the quality standards of devoted devices. My Epson scanner produces good scans. But in comparison to my developer's good scanner, it is no contest. And scanning through glass puts a reflective surface between your scanner glass and the image you are scanning. Since you are scanning with a light passed through the scanners glass, you have now put two pieces of glass between the scanner receptor and the image you are scanning. Like a camera lens, it will reduce the quality of your image.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/23748789@N02/

Comment

Is it possible to take the photo into the dealer where you purchased the printer/scanner and get them to do a scan. If it's OK on their kit it would suggest a problem with your scanner.

Comment

Have you made sure it is the driver from the Canon website, as there is the case that windows puts an equivalent driver, tell tale is a quick response from Windows , that driver is installed and you are ready to go.... just a thought, it has happened a few times with me on various bits of kit..
        Canon 5D Mk III, Canon 1100D, Canon 100mm f2.8 L Macro IS USM, Canon 24-70 f2.8 II, Canon 70-200 f2.8 II USM, Tamron 150-600 f5-6.3 DI VC USD, Manfrotto CX055Pro4 Tripod, Wimberley Gimbal, 430EXII Flashgun, Manfrotto 3N1-25 PL Pro Light Backpack.

Comment

Working...
        X