Close up Tigress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close up Tigress

This was another adrenaline packed encounter in the Indian jungle as the incessant alarm calls from the Langur Monkeys and Chital Deer clearly indicated the presence of a Tiger in the vicinity, but endless straining of the eyes failed to give away her location until I caught a brief glimpse of her in the dense undergrowth and our guide and driver slowly followed her direction of travel until she briefly emerged into a small clearing , and momentarily stopped to look and listen to the commotion going on around her before disappearing again in to the jungle vegetation. It was amazing to see her so close even though I only had a few seconds to try and capture a shot , this was virtually full frame as my 500mm lens was too big but I am not complaining.
    Bengal Tiger ( Panthera tigris tigris ) by Steve Dawes, on Flickr
    Last edited by Dawesy; 08-01-2019, 17:11.
    Steve ( LSINWP )
    1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Re: Close up Tigress

Lovely Steve, one of those moments you never forget
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

super shot Steve
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

I wouldn't complain either.

A superb portrait against a very sympathetic background. That one is definitely a wall hanger Steve.
        Colin

Comment

Wow!
          Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Wow ^ 2!
            Chris
            80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

500mm too close - you kidding right? 5000 would be too close lol.
              Lovely portrait and one of those "once in a lifetime" moments, very nicely done!

.DAVID.
              Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

Well done Steve, don't think I would want to be that close though.

Bill.
                7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys , it certainly was a memorable wildlife moment
                  Steve ( LSINWP )
                  1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Lovely shot and great experience. As Colin said, definitely a wall hanger. Just one tiny nit pick though, if it was mine I'd darken that bright spot in front of it's nose.

John

Comment

Well done Steve

Tom

Comment

A stunning shot Steve and one you'll always remember. Impressed you took your 500mm lens all the way to India.

Brian
                        http://www.cbnatureimages.co.uk

http://www.flickr.com/photos/101212171@N02/

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny48 View Post
                          Lovely shot and great experience. As Colin said, definitely a wall hanger. Just one tiny nit pick though, if it was mine I'd darken that bright spot in front of it's nose.

John
                          Thanks John , I hadn't noticed the bright spot until you mentioned it , might get rid of it if I print one off
                          Steve ( LSINWP )

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
                            Well done Steve

Tom
                            Thanks for looking Tom
                            Steve ( LSINWP )

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Sugden View Post
                              A stunning shot Steve and one you'll always remember. Impressed you took your 500mm lens all the way to India.

Brian
                              Thanks Brian , I worked on the basis that the Tigers are rare and elusive and the with the terrain being mostly dense jungle my opportunities might be limited and could not take the risk of all the possible sightings being distant so needed to take the 500mm.
                              Steve ( LSINWP )

Comment

Working...
                              X