Lizard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lizard

This is my first attempt at Marco photography. Lots of photos (good and bad). This is my favourite. Comments welcome. Settings f/16.0, 1/160, ISO 200

EA9FE124-22AA-4043-B24F-8A2291740900.jpg
    Last edited by Jackie; 13-01-2019, 16:37.

Re: Lizard

Well he is a handsome (bit scary) fella.

I'm no expert, but you seem to have ticked most of the Macro boxes with this shot: he is in an appropriate environment, well exposed, taken at his level, nicely composed and the eye dead sharp. A very nice upload and I look forward to seeing more of your work.
    Colin

Comment

Assume this is a studio workshop shot which has come out quite well, you just need to watch out for distractions in the frame such as that stray bit of vegetation on the left of the frame, which would easily clone out
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Nice one Jackie, can only echo Colin and Stan's comments
        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Thank you Stan and Colin for your comments.

Yes Stan this is a workshop in a studio. As it was my first time I enrolled to get some help and to find out what I should be doing. Would it have been better if I was closer to the lizard so the vegetation was not in view?

Comment

Would it have been better if I was closer to the lizard so the vegetation was not in view?
            I think the Lizard is about the right size in the frame, the expression is: Give it room the breath. So, with regard to the vegetation, just remove what you don't want with your post editing program - Photoshop, Elements, etc .
            Colin

Comment

Thank you all for your comments. Hopefully there will be more to come

Comment

Nicely taken

Tom

Comment

Clarity is excellent! You could try a few minor compositional tweaks, but honestly, that would be nitpicking. I think when you move (clone) out the vegetation on the left side of the frame you will find you now have a big empty space. I am not sure that would improve the image. A subtle cropping change would be all that I would consider.
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/23748789@N02/

Comment

Thank you for comments and suggestions

Comment

This is really good for a first shot. I'd clone out the distractions on the left hand side as well.
                      Steven Dillon Photography - Capturing Nature's Art

Comment

Working...
                      X