Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barn Owl again

Hi All,

Still not happy with results and keep making changes, one at a time to the settings. I can't see that microadjustment could make a difference with a subject as big as a Barn Owl, I haven't carried that out yet.

Anyway, would be happy with any feedback

21 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

20 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

19 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

Regards Paul

Re: Barn Owl again

Well I would be happy with it, perhaps the light could have been a touch better -- but you've got Barn Owls, I wish I had
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Nice set Paul.
      7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

The only problem is the light and there was nothing you could do about that

Like Trev, I have no wild barn owls although i am keeping a look out for one that has apparently been hunting in one of the fields next to the Stour during the past few days
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Nope, can't really see any issues with those!

Will have another look on a bigger screen later.
          Chris
          80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

They look pretty good to me as well. Although it's been mentioned that the light could be better, even that looks good to me. Obviously at f4.0 depth of field isn't going to be great. just wondering what it is that you aren't happy with.

John

Comment

Mate you must be heading for the " perfectionist club " as like the guys say apart from a bit more light I cannot see anything wrong with them . They look even better on Flickr and you have bags of detail in the bird. What exactly aren't you happy with ?
              Steve ( LSINWP )
              1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Superb set Paul
                Gary Cantwell LSINWP. ASINWP.

Comment

Working...
                X