Neoprene camo lens covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neoprene camo lens covers

Have rather rashly bought a 500mm Sigma prime lens and would like to add a cover to it, a few folk make them and sell on ebay, but are there any half decent ones anyone can recommend?
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Re: Neoprene camo lens covers

I bought one for my 100-400 from https://www.wildlifewatchingsupplies...tail/acatalog/.

It seems fine to me but I've not compared it to anything else!
    Chris
    80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Thanks, nice but double the price on ebay, mind I guess you get what you pay for, I will await delivery of the lens first.

Comment

I have used:

Lenscoat - good but expensive and perhaps not quite a perfect fit. Gaps show slightly on a white Canon lens, but not a problem on black lenses.

Wildlife Watching supplies - my current favourite - no complaints.

A friend has used Outdoor Photography gear - quite inexpensive at around a third of the price of Lenscoat - edges overlock stitched and available on eBay. Visit their eBay shop for the full range.

I also use a waterproof camera and lens bag from Wildlife Watching Supplies - well worth the investment for those days when the rain just won't stop.

Hope that helps.
        Colin

Comment

Excellent Colin, I will have a look, I am told the paint is easily marked on the Sigma and it is less waterproof than the Canon, so I figured the cover will help with these potential problems.
          I am watching this one whilst waiting for the lens to arrive
          Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Sigma 500mm F4.5 Neoprene Lens Protection Camouflage Coat Cover Woodland Green at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

Comment

Another vote from me for Wildlife Watching Supplies
            Cheers
            Dave

Comment

I am watching this one whilst waiting for the lens to arrive
              That's the very one my friend has.
              Colin

Comment

I can't do no other than say contact Kevin Keatley at Wildlife Watching Supplies (he may be reading this) top gear with excellent service
                Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Thanks Trev, only just got the lens, it does get cold when it's -3 degrees, so I will have to get a cover, off to investigate.

Comment

Ordered the one you pal has got Colin, credit cards in shock at the moment, so the lenscoat stood no chance lol

Comment

Cover fitted, it does fit well and looks to be made well from Jack Pyke camo neoprene material with some solid looking stitching, not only will it keep the lens and my fingers warm, it should protect the paint, which does look a bit fragile.

Comment

Been out a fair bit recently, cannot praise the lens cover enough, why anyone would use a big lens without one is possibly a mistake, apart from the camouflage(my lens is black so less of a problem) but also for protection and in this cold weather keeps your fingers so much warmer too.

Comment

Working...
                        X