Pixma Pro-1 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pixma Pro-1 problem

My Pixma Pro-1 has been idle for several weeks but when recently I put in a complete set of new genuine Canon pgi-29 cartridges, every one showed a permanent red light suggesting they were empty (they are not!).
    The printer keeps making noises like a cleaning process but nothing changes the lights on the cartridges and nothing will print.
    Is there someone out there that can help? Please?

Gavin

Re: Pixma Pro-1 problem

I know the cleaning process can take a long time after fitting new cartridges...I guess you’ve checked that the printing is not paused...and you’ve tried switching everything off and on, and using cable not WiFi ....this has fixed failure to print...but I’ve not had the cartridges showing red lights after changing ....do you have the old ones to try back in...
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
      I know the cleaning process can take a long time after fitting new cartridges...I guess you’ve checked that the printing is not paused...and you’ve tried switching everything off and on, and using cable not WiFi ....this has fixed failure to print...but I’ve not had the cartridges showing red lights after changing ....do you have the old ones to try back in...
      Many thanks Brian
      I was hoping for a simple DIY cure but having tried all the above I'm still wondering what to do that will not cost a lot of money.
      Gavin

Comment

Habe you tried contacting canon service center. They may be able to help.

CRC (Tasktron Ltd)

Unit 3 Wintonlea
        Monument Way West
        Woking
        Surrey
        GU21 5EN

Tel: 01483 776 060
        Fax: 01483 721 389

Web: http://www.crc-tasktron.co.uk
        Ray

Comment

Looking into that.
          Thanks Doglet
          Gavin

Comment

I thought that the red lights were supposed to be on when you have the lid open and flash and go out when the cartridge is empty.
            Check that there is nothing in the print queue that has failed to print a. if there is remove it
            Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Originally posted by 2Beers View Post
              I thought that the red lights were supposed to be on when you have the lid open and flash and go out when the cartridge is empty.
              Check that there is nothing in the print queue that has failed to print a. if there is remove it
              Thanks Alex
              My understanding is that when the cartridges are full and properly inserted there are no lights but when a cartridge is nearing empty, the red light starts to flash until, when the cartridge is empty the red light will become permanent.
              Also, I have checked (again) and there are no failed documents in the print queue.
              Gavin

Comment

I am just wondering if I was unlucky enough to have got a complete set of faulty cartridges????? so when I can afford it I will try another complete set to see if anything different happens.
                In the meantime, I came across Mr Jose Rodrigues on YouTube and he seems to have a lot of videos on cleaning printheads. Might have a go.

Comment

Did you buy from a Canon dealer or other reliable source?

There are sellers of empty cartridges with all the packaging looking genuine on the internet.

Do a weight difference check with a known empty cartridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Rankin View Post
                    Thanks Alex
                    My understanding is that when the cartridges are full and properly inserted there are no lights but when a cartridge is nearing empty, the red light starts to flash until, when the cartridge is empty the red light will become permanent.
                    Also, I have checked (again) and there are no failed documents in the print queue.
                    Gavin
                    Just did a check on my printer and when the cartridge carrier is in position for changing the inks the red lights are on and when in operating mode the lights are off and flash when low ink levels
                    Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Originally posted by 2Beers View Post
                      Just did a check on my printer and when the cartridge carrier is in position for changing the inks the red lights are on and when in operating mode the lights are off and flash when low ink levels
                      It's the same with my Pixma Pro 100s.

John

Comment

Thank you everyone who got involved with the problem regarding my Pixma Pro 1 printer.
                        I feel a bit sheepish now because - yes - the lights are supposed to come on with a set of new ink cartridges and would normally go off when in use and only flash when getting near to empty.
                        I discovered the inks were not the problem as, after leaving it alone for a couple of weeks I started to dig a little deeper and got a message on my screen telling me the printer was "not responding"!
                        I tried all sorts of things (obviously wrong!) and eventually rang Canon Support.
                        They were extremely helpful and after two failed attempts at re-loading the drivers for this printer, it eventually came to life and produced a print!
                        Hooray!!!!
                        It is all working again and I'm happy.
                        Should have called Canon in the first place.
                        Gavin

Comment

Working...
                        X