Nikki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nikki

One from last month of the lovely Nikki .

CC9J6015-Edit by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr
    Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Re: Nikki

Like that Jeff. Keeping her to the right creates a feeling of tension ........... don't mess with this lady! I would be tempted to bring her hair out of the shadows just a touch. The detail is there on Flickr, but not showing so well here.

Bet she is pleased with that image.
    Colin

Comment

Thanks Colin,

She was lit from behind as well and it does show more on Flickr and more so still on the original file.

I may play a bit further with it as of yet though
      Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Comment

Lovely image Jeff

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
          Lovely image Jeff

Tom
          Cheers Tom
          Regards,

Jeff

Comment

The positioning of the subject makes this image. Well done!
            Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SpringfieldPhoto View Post
              The positioning of the subject makes this image. Well done!
              Thanks Alan
              Regards,

Jeff

Comment

Like Colin I think you need to bring the hair up a fraction. I also wonder if it might be an idea to lose one of the catchlights from each eye?

Either way Nikki is very photogenic.
                Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
                  Like Colin I think you need to bring the hair up a fraction. I also wonder if it might be an idea to lose one of the catchlights from each eye?

Either way Nikki is very photogenic.
                  Cheers Nigel
                  Regards,

Jeff

Comment

The problem with this young ladies hair is that it is black and, because of its nature, lacks shine. To manipulate it in Photoshop risks making it look false. A trick I use in this type of shot is to fire a flash with a blue gel at the black background. This will render it a very dark blue. Just enough to allow the hair to show. The two catch-lights isn't a problem in my view. I still like the shot.
                    Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SpringfieldPhoto View Post
                      The problem with this young ladies hair is that it is black and, because of its nature, lacks shine. To manipulate it in Photoshop risks making it look false. A trick I use in this type of shot is to fire a flash with a blue gel at the black background. This will render it a very dark blue. Just enough to allow the hair to show. The two catch-lights isn't a problem in my view. I still like the shot.
                      Cheers Alan. Advice taken on board
                      Regards,

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                      X