EOS magazine advert
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tri pod

Member*

Default Re: Tri pod

Thanks for that very helpful reply Colin, I think I might visit a camera shop and take my outfit and try what they have to offer and what I like the feel of and will get back to you. I go into hospital on Monday for a bit of keyhole surgery, so once fully fit I'll go do some shopping.
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Also worth looking at Sirui tripods.

John

Member*

They look good John, the pro ex range in particular, but pricey for me, the Manfroto above fits the bill tripod wise.

Just to chuck another option in to the mix. This manufacturers products my be worth a look at:-

https://www.3leggedthing.com/about-us

Quote Originally Posted by ST-EOS View Post
    Just to chuck another option in to the mix. This manufacturers products my be worth a look at:-

https://www.3leggedthing.com/about-us
    Hmmm ............... initial thoughts? Impressive. Appears to be high quality, very versatile and made in England (in a chicken shed!). Not cheap, but does include a head, which makes the costs more viable.

Downside? Stupid names and head banging music, but a quick "Mute" on my computer solved the music problem.

Not that I am in the market for a new tripod, but I would like to see some independent reviews before parting with a large bag of pennies.
    Colin

Member*

The heads are doing my head in...………………………. why so over complicated? As a lot of the large lenses have the facility to rotate in their collar, why is there few options for a 2 way head, I don't really want 3

If you are looking for a head purely for your 500 f4.5, I would not consider a ball head. Colin's suggestion on the Manfrotto MVH502AH is a decent choice. A gimbal head is worth considering, but cheap ones just don't cut the mustard in my experience.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Benro-GH2-G...ds=gimbal+head

It is a tricky subject, and only by trying a few different ones can you find which suit you best.

...and good luck tomorrow......
    Regards
    Lez

5Ds // 5D Mark III //
    7D Mark II // 16-35 f4L // 24-70 f2.8L II //
    24-105 f4L II // 70-200 f4 L // 70-200 f2.8 Lis II // 50 f1.2L // 85 f1.8 //100 f2.8Lis // 200 f2.8L // 300 f4Lis // 1.4ex // .......... and a longer wish list

The heads are doing my head in...………………………. why so over complicated?
    Go to your pro camera shop mid week; a very rainy Wednesday works best. No customers and the staff are bored as hell. Then you have their full attention and a shop full of tripods and heads to play with. Take all day, they won't mind, they have nothing else to do on a slow day.
    Colin

Member*

Thanks Lez for the good wishes and thanks Colin, we are lacking a decent camera shop round here even in Edinburgh the choices are not great, Aberdeen only seems to have a small Jessops and Dundee and Perth have even less choice. As I will be out of action for a few weeks, I will have to bide my time for now. I can order the tripod whenever, it's now just finding the right head for me(well for the right tripod, my heads all over the place).

If you are looking at gimbal heads. Have a look at Lensmaster. Made in the UK with good customer support and priced reasonably.

I agree there is no simple answer. A gimbal will work for long lenses but is restrictive if you want to use wide angle as well. Meaning you may have to carry a separate head with you

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast