Harbour View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harbour View

This was taken last year of Littlehampton harbour using an ND10 filter. The elevated view was from an observation tower, now sadly closed, that did give you a unique perspective you couldn’t achieve now without the use of a camera drone

IMG_0257 by Ian, on Flickr

C&C’s welcome

Ian
    Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Re: Harbour View

Looks like you didn't have the best light, the scene is a bit flat overall.

I suspect that if this were up against a club judge you's probably get a comment about there being a lot of empty space. Now empty, or negative, space can work - Coolcat's portrait of Nikki for example - but here it's dividing the picture into two halves and relegating the interest and detail to the edges.

In this instance I feel you would have been better served concentrating on the eastern side and the amusements/funfair and use the river & sea as a border to focus the attention of the detail.
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Agree with Nigel that it is a bit flat and that could be fixed in LR. To really make this image work well is if there was a ship leaving the inlet. Also is must have been a very still sea and no winds as for a 10-stop, the boats did come out relatively sharp.

Tom

Comment

Thanks for looking and the comments Tom and Nigel, appreciated.

The picture below is probably more what you are looking for, it was taken at the same time but is not a long exposure. Note that it was unavoidably taken through glass so there are the inevitable reflections.

IMG_0256 by Ian, on Flickr

Ian
        Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Works better for me. Nice lead through the picture to the vanishing point in the top corner. Reflections aren't too obvious either.
          Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
          X