Not so new member.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not so new member.

Some of you may, or may not, recall reading of my leaving the forum for various reasons. Well, I'm very happy to be able to ask to be reinstated.

However, my financial status has demanded that I could only buy in the 'used' market. So, I'm now awaiting one 'used' Canon 700D with 23000 actuations on the clock and supposedly in rather good nick. Also, one Canon 55-250 4-5.6 IS STM lens, also in rather good nick. These purchased from WEX after I returned as unwanted the Lumix FZ 1000 I got , new, from them. Try as I might, I couldn't get proper control of the focusing system and get used to the dreaded shutter lag.

I would like to hear your collective opinions of the 700D in respect of it having 23000 miles on the clock, so to speak. I bought it mainly because the price was in my bracket and because it is the camera that I've always been most comfortable with been happiest with.

I've a little more credit left with WEX and am now awaiting them to get a 'used' 18-55 IS STM lens to complete my equipment. It is were I should have stayed from the beginning, instead of getting ideas way above my photography station.

So, shortly, I hope to be posting some of my masterpieces for you all to ridicule, hee! hee!. See you all soon.
    Canon 700D, Canon 18-55 3.5-5.6mm, IS STM lens, Canon 70-300mm 4-5.6 IS STM lens, Raynox 250 macro/close-up conversion lens.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/168448632@N02/

Re: Not so new member.

Welcome back to the fold

Sent from my Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Ah, the lost sheep returneth to the fold...

Welcome back. Never used WEX personally but opinion I've come across suggests that WEX used gear is usually as described or better. If the camera looks clean and tidy and shows no sign of excessive wear then I think it's likely to be fine.
      Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Welcome back JayJay. Not familiar with the 700D, however, the camera is just a tool, what makes the photo is the photographer behind the camera as I recall you were pretty darn good.

Tom

Comment

Good to see you back
          John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Welcome back buddy.
            Colin

Comment

Welcome back ....I also left the Canon fold and returned having tried other systems...I’ve always found Wex to be excellent, including their exchange policy when changing my mind.
              Looking forward to seeing your images on here.
              Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Hi JJ no idea on your camera body, but look forward to your work
                Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Hi
                  I am a new member, Live in Kent my camera is a 7D mkii the main lens i use is a 28/300 canon.
                  been looking at this site for some time love some of the photos.
                  also a member of Staplehurst photographic society.Last Supper All Saints church Lincolnshire.jpg

Comment

Welcome back JJ, I had a 700D loved it, would most probably still have it if I hadn’t smashed it when falling on the ice. Takes some great shots so enjoy.

Comment

Again, thanks for the warm welcome back. I got my 700D this afternoon but it does not work properly. I updated successfully to Firmware 1.1.5, then things went wrong. I could not access the info screen from the menu screen nor could I access the touch screen at all. Needless to say it has been packed up ready to go back on the morrow.

After speaking to WEX about the problems they agreed that the 700D was faulty. They have reserved another 700D with only 8000 actuations on the clock. So, all being well with negotiations on Monday next, I hope to have another 700D by Wednesday next or am I being too optimistic?
                      Last edited by JayJay; 21-02-2019, 18:49. Reason: errors
                      Canon 700D, Canon 18-55 3.5-5.6mm, IS STM lens, Canon 70-300mm 4-5.6 IS STM lens, Raynox 250 macro/close-up conversion lens.

Comment

Welcome back on board
                        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Duff 700d gone back to WEX. The 700D with 8000 miles on the clock that they were going to swap for me is now cancelled by them and they are giving me a 700D with only 3000 miles on the clock. Not bad eh! I'm now looking forward to Tuesday/Wednesday next.

Also, although I'm not too sure how I've managed to do it, I've put a link to my flickr page. This has all of 'me masterpieces' in all their glory. If you are completely bored and fed up with all the dreadful reality type TV programmes, whiz over and have a giggle at some of my efforts.

Some of them are duplicated so bear with me. I will get them all sorted out soon. Sorry.
                          Last edited by JayJay; 22-02-2019, 17:55. Reason: omitions

Comment

Good to see you back JJ
                            Steve ( LSINWP )
                            1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Working...
                            X