Roseate Spoonbill (Platalea ajaja)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roseate Spoonbill (Platalea ajaja)

January 2019 marks my 10 years in wildlife and sports photography.

It has been an interesting ride with its ups and downs. If I were to do this again I would have done it differently.

Roseate Spoonbill (Platalea ajaja) by Paolo Dolina, on Flickr
    Visit my Flickr, Facebook & 500px and see my photos. :)

Re: Roseate Spoonbill (Platalea ajaja)

Even the boring white Spoonbill is rare in this country, but your Roseate version is a beauty and caught at the peak of their grumpy action.
    Colin

Comment

Stunning looking birds and a nice action shot.
      Chris
      80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Well caught action shot, lovely coloured birds
        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

thanks Colin, Chris and Trev

The roseate spoonbill (Platalea ajaja) nests in shrubs or trees, often mangroves, laying two to five eggs, which are whitish with brown markings.[11] Immature birds have white, feathered heads, and the pink of the plumage is paler. The bill is yellowish or pinkish.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roseate_spoonbill

Location: https://houstonaudubon.org/sanctuari...y/rookery.html

Comment

Comment

Beautiful set of images of a very striking bird. I would be interested to learn what you would do differently if you were starting out again ?
              Steve ( LSINWP )
              1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Originally posted by Dawesy View Post
                I would be interested to learn what you would do differently if you were starting out again ?
                Great question Steve. Not interact with in-bred, selfish, funding-obsessed local bird watchers. They're parasites preying on the generous for handouts to fund their "research" that are in reality really paid vacations.

These people live in a bubble that is out of touch with the reality of where 50 million Filipinos live on less than $5/day. Disgusting individuals who are morally bankrupt.

If that weren't possible I would have used the money I spent on birding gear instead on grad studies and setup an obscenely successful business that was legal and yet disruptive in their activities. :)

Just for kicks I would have reported their disrespectful member to Canon Japan to revoke his sponsorship deal. Fella should be taught a lesson on minding your own business especially if the activity is legal and has nothing to do with you.
                Last edited by dolina; 15-03-2019, 18:33.

Comment

Not interact with in-bred, selfish, funding-obsessed local bird watchers.
                  C'mon, don't hold back .............. tell us what you really think!
                  Colin

Comment

Originally posted by dolina View Post
                    Great question Steve. Not interact with in-bred, selfish, funding-obsessed local bird watchers. They're parasites preying on the generous for handouts to fund their "research" that are in reality really paid vacations.

These people live in a bubble that is out of touch with the reality of where 50 million Filipinos live on less than $5/day. Disgusting individuals who are morally bankrupt.

If that weren't possible I would have used the money I spent on birding gear instead on grad studies and setup an obscenely successful business that was legal and yet disruptive in their activities. :)

Just for kicks I would have reported their disrespectful member to Canon Japan to revoke his sponsorship deal. Fella should be taught a lesson on minding your own business especially if the activity is legal and has nothing to do with you.
                    Thanks for your openess and honesty
                    Steve ( LSINWP )
                    1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Good action, well caught, great colours, nicely done

Pau

Comment

Working...
                      X