Dodgy looking chaps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dodgy looking chaps!

Myself and fellow club member testing our studio lights out ready for a camera club workshop

Me..
    CC9J1165-Edit-Edit-3 copy by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr

_DSF4396-Edit by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr

Martin..
    CC9J1163-Edit-2 by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr
    CC9J1148-Edit by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr
    Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Re: Dodgy looking chaps!

Just from my viewpoint the BW and the last image seem to be underexposed and a bit flat on the tone & contrast.

Tom

Comment

The first and last look too dark and the others could be brighter.....nice control of the background to produce a solid black .....this might need holding back depending on how you brighten the subject. Solid focus and composition.
      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Cheers Tom and Brian, the post processing was just mucking around a little to make them moody........like we are in real life
        Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Comment

I agree with the comments of others. Mood is better created by lighting at the time of taking the picture. Use a single light from 45 deg angle at the side of the sitter and a white reflector to give slight shadow fill and the jobs a goodun.
          Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SpringfieldPhoto View Post
            I agree with the comments of others. Mood is better created by lighting at the time of taking the picture. Use a single light from 45 deg angle at the side of the sitter and a white reflector to give slight shadow fill and the jobs a goodun.
            I know.......We were setting up our different lights, triggers etc up just to make sure all was working ok ready for running a workshop at our camera club.
            So the photos of us was just purely for test purposes. Hence the mucking around in post production which was just for fun as the images were throw away really
            Last edited by Coolcat; 27-02-2019, 19:37.
            Regards,

Jeff

Comment

Working...
            X