Colormunki vs Spyder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colormunki vs Spyder

Has anyone used any screen calibrators? I am looking for recommendations for my laptop. Failing that, any suggested laptop settings to get the colours realistic.

Thank you
    Jackie

Re: Colormunki vs Spyder

I have a nasty suspicion that the best way to get accurate colours from a laptop screen may well be to buy an external monitor - but I am quite happy to be corrected.
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

I used Spyder regularly when I had PC's, but don't seem to need them now that I use Mac.

My view with laptops is that it is not just the colour calibration, but the angle of the screen. Open it slightly differently from last time and it appears that your post editing wrong. Whenever we have projected images at the Camera Club and there is a complaint by the author the the image isn't projecting properly, it usually transpires that it was processed on a laptop. So if it were me, I would get hold of a monitor and plug your laptop into that and then calibrate the monitor.
      Colin

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I will get a monitor

Comment

I run my pc through my 55 inch TV :) and calibrated that.
          Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyT View Post
            I run my pc through my 55 inch TV :) and calibrated that.
            Wow ............ that is big boys toys!
            Colin

Comment

Well I play games on it too, It makes editing a lot easier in Lightroom and I also find if I get it looking decent at that size, on smaller it looks better. I can also stream films off the web too.
              Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
              X