Challange 151 Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challange 151 Music

The challenge for this month is Music, hopefully this theme will touch a cord (pun intended ) with the members of the forum.
    The challenge is anything relative to music, such as live performance, buildings related to music, musical instruments I will leave it to your own imagination.

For those new or shy on this forum, I would encourage you to enter. Hopefully in doing so you will challenge yourself and have a bit of fun at the same time.

Taking a leaf from Barbara’s book regarding judging and rules:-

“As ever I'll do my best to give friendly and constructive comments and find a winner based on my criteria stated above, bearing in mind my strictly amateur status” My Judging will be based on the following:-

* fulfilling the brief
    * a good photo based on composition, focus and consideration to the light.
    * Having impact. Will I remember your image after I go away from the computer?

The usual rules apply:-

• The competition subject shall be selected by the winner of the preceding competition who will also judge the competition.
    • One picture per person; images should conform to general image posting rules.
    • All entries to be shot with a Canon EOS camera i.e. SLR / DSLR / M & R series
    • Posted images should be taken during the running period of the competition. Any images submitted that were taken before the competition started, or after the competition has ended, will be deemed invalid.
    • Images 800 pixels widest maximum (to help those with small monitors).
    • No Photoshop frames and borders.
    • Include a title; the image must convey the theme without title description.
    • Please, NO comments on images- on this or another thread- until the round is over.
    • No canvassing e.g. “I’m thinking of posting this image for the challenge, what do you think?”
    • I will pick 1st, 2nd and 3rd favourite images (please don’t PM me to discuss my choices).

Closing date for entries is midnight Sunday 31st March
    Gary Cantwell LSINWP. ASINWP.

Re: Challange 151 Music

Fretboard
    _OME4567 by brianvickers
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Talking Heads

Talikng Heads 1 by Stackman1, on Flickr

Chris

Comment

Metronome by Chris Trollen, on Flickr
        Chris
        80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Sax in the Country, not Sex in the City

4S7A5021 by David Miller, on Flickr

Comment

Music Sheet Selection

sheet layout 2-4J2A8698 by Ian, on Flickr
            Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Just back from an amazing trip to Vietnam and Cambodia, as you can imagine there are a few photos to sort through.

This one was quirky enough to join the challenge !

Drive by, Hoi Chi Min City

[IMG]Drive by, Ho Chi Min City by Barbara Bett, on Flickr[/IMG]
              Last edited by lunarbo; 31-03-2019, 17:03.
              Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Gentle reminder...challenge closed …?
                Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

I've sent a short message to see whether leeperry is able to see this challenge through, otherwise we'll step in towards the end of the week if there's no news.

Comment

Gary is unwell at the moment, he has recently been in hospital and may not be able to take part just now.
                    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Hope you are on the mend and getting your health sorted Gary
                      Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

As Gary is indisposed, I will judge this challenge and choose a winner. I hope to post my comments by the end of the weekend.
                        Robert
                        robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Thanks Robert. And my best wishes to Gary.
                          Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

As Gary's minion, here are my comments on the entries to the 'Music' challenge.

BRIAN VICKERS: Fretboard
                            An excellent example of narrow depth-of-field. The subject lends itself to the monochrome approach. I suspect that the image would have less impact in colour.

STACKMAN: Talking heads
                            An amusing approach which does not quite work for me. A pure white background would have given a stronger graphic effect.

CHRIS TROLLEN: Metronome
                            The combination of two exposures, one at 30 seconds for blur and a faster shutter speed to capture a sharp image of the pendulum, gives an image which is both visually and technically excellent.

DAVID MILLER: Sax in the country, not sex in the city
                            Not sure about the profile view. The musician turned towards the camera might have been more effective. Also, the horizon cutting across the middle of the subject is a little distracting. A very low viewpoint might have avoided this and increased the impact.

FARIDER: Music sheet selection
                            Technically good copy of covers. The illumination is even from left to right - not always easy to achieve. Did anyone do a search to find a recording of "I'm a Ding Dong Daddy"? No? Just me then!

BARBARA BETT: Drive by, Hoi Chi Min City
                            Good photograph of the scooter riders, but a somewhat tenuous music connection.

And the winners are:
                            1st: Brian Vickers
                            2nd: Chris Trollen
                            3rd: Farider

Congratulations to Brian - and over to you for the next challenge.
                            Robert
                            robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Thanks for stopping by, Robert.

Congratulations to Brian for his cracking shot and to Chris and Ian for making the podium

My best wishes to Gary, hope he's up and snapping again soon.
                              Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Working...
                              X