Getting the blues on a dull day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting the blues on a dull day

Took a turn round the north of the island hoping for something worth photographing. Strong winds meant I couldn't stand still let alone hold the camera steady unless I was hunkered down behind the car. Couldn't find anything that caught my eye until I was heading back home as it got darker.
    There was something about the light so stopped and took a couple of shots. I tried to process to recapture it, hope it worked.

Re: Getting the blues on a dull day

Not really working for me. I find it rather flat and a bit too blue, particularly in the foreground. I had a go at reworking it with added contrast and a slight re-balancing of the colours - was this the kind of look you were after?...

Skylines Blues
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Re: Getting the blues on a dull day

Thanks for that.

It did come up rather flat when I uploaded it. Didn't look that flat originally when I had finished processing, may be something to do with the ambient light in the room while working on it.
      However the light was rather flat at the time but it had sort subtle glow to it which I was trying to reproduce but there wasn't a lot of contrast.
      Another one to learn from.

Comment

Working...
      X