PicFair - any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PicFair - any good?

We've done some photography on a few events recently and it usually falls to me to upload photographs to Google Drive and then manage payments for these images.

It's beginning to become a lot of work - we did an event at the weekend, where I only managed to get out and take around 100 photographs because the rest of the time I had a queue of people wanting to buy photos. My wife took well over 1000 and to be honest, managing that many was a lot of pressure on what, for us, is still a hobby.

What I'd like to do is set up a page, upload the images, Picfair will watermark them, we point the customers to said page and it'll do all the rest of the work. As far as I can tell, Picfair looks like it'll do the job, but has anyone used it and if so, what's it like?

Obviously more complex editing will have to be done off-line, but that's OK.
    Canon EOS 6D Mk II, 700D, Canon 24-105mm L, 100-400mm, 100mm f2.8 L Macro.

Re: PicFair - any good?

I've not used PicFair...I use zenfolio...it costs about #100/year but you can set up your own price lists....its worked for me for several weddings, and sold the odd set of specific shots from the general gallery.
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Re: PicFair - any good?

Thanks Brian - I had to ditch PicFair in the end - it just wouldn't do what I needed - it took over 24 hours for them to put the images up - no use to me.

I've now settled with PassGallery which seems to do what I need - not found any major issues yet at least - and I'm still on the free version which seems to be pretty good.

Picfair were quite quick in refunding my subscription once we determined they couldn't do what we needed.
      Canon EOS 6D Mk II, 700D, Canon 24-105mm L, 100-400mm, 100mm f2.8 L Macro.

Comment

Working...
      X