Are we being left behind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are we being left behind?

Well, I say needed but lusted after may be a more honest term...
    I very much recognise that term.

"Need" as far as Mrs C is concerned, but "Lust" is probably more truthful.
    Colin

Comment

Interesting discussion. During my years as IT director for multiple car dealers, computers were the same way. Because I was the IT guy, everyone at the dealerships would ask me about the latest, greatest software and computers. But what they never understood was that reliability was my top concern, not can I get the latest greatest. Once software had time on the market, then and only then would I go in.

Cameras for me are the same way. I don't upgrade often. It better grab me by the nose and slam my face into the specs page of the owner's manual for that to happen. In order for Canon to displace the lower end market, they would have to create a whole new lower end line. Otherwise they lose a large chunk of revenue that I am not sure they would want to lose. In time, I am sure new technology will come along that will displace the current stuff. But until then, don't lament what hasn't happened yet. Just be happy in what you have and make the best of it because, like all things, it will eventually go the way of the Dodo yielding the path to new technology.
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/23748789@N02/

Comment

I agree Canon's recent reassurances means none of us have to be concerned yet....maybe never if we're happy with what we have and run it into the ground.
        Ultimately it will be the R and M line up.....after EF and EF-S is phased out of development, then production, then sale....its a long time away.
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

I picked up my 1D iv body for a very good price(I have been offered more than I paid for it) and doubt I will ever need to replace it unless something dramatic happens. It's done around 6000 shutter operations and I'm told it should be good for 250000 operations before needing surgery, so it should outlast me as I rarely shoot more than 50 shots a day. I am yet to figure out what this can do, let alone mess around with one of it's up grades. Now lenses are a different matter, you can never have too many of those I think.
          Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Working...
          X