Cashback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cashback

Here we are in yet another Cashback offer.

Now don't get me wrong, I am all for some extra discount, but why should I buy it at the current price and then claim it back from Canon and at some time in the future, get my Cashback. I can appreciate that Canon need to "Police" their dealers to ensure that they are not taking unfair advantage with "Stretching" the offer period, but I want to complete my transaction, including any offers/ discounts etc. at the point of sale.

Whether Canon supply to dealers at the discounted price, or the dealers have to claim the Cashback after the sale, I am not bothered, but I want my discount up front.
    Colin

Re: Cashback

Originally posted by colin C View Post
    Here we are in yet another Cashback offer.

Now don't get me wrong, I am all for some extra discount, but why should I buy it at the current price and then claim it back from Canon and at some time in the future, get my Cashback. I can appreciate that Canon need to "Police" their dealers to ensure that they are not taking unfair advantage with "Stretching" the offer period, but I want to complete my transaction, including any offers/ discounts etc. at the point of sale.

Whether Canon supply to dealers at the discounted price, or the dealers have to claim the Cashback after the sale, I am not bothered, but I want my discount up front.
    I think that if you order on-line from the Canon web site you will pay the list price less the cash back up front.

Unfortunately this will mean that you pay full list price and not any reduced price that you might be able to negotiate with your dealer before getting your cash back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's a brief summary of why companies would do a cashback rather than a discount:

https://www.gotoclient.com/en/blog/w...umer-marketing
      Chris
      80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

I agree ...it's annoying!

At the Photography show there was double cashback on the R.....but waiting for a month for £500 back was not as attractive as a lower price tag on the day would have been.
        Didn't get one anyway.
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Working...
        X