Pixsy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pixsy...

Just checked Pixsy for the first time in a long while and find it's now a subscription service that, for the number of images I have on Flickr, would cost me over £350/year.

I thought Pixsy made their money by taking a commission from successful cases but this strategy is seeking to hit the photographer at both ends. Well that's not for me.

Cheers,
    John

Re: Pixsy...

Me neither. It’s a bait and switch operation IMHO and I won’t be taking part. Never mind that none of my pics were ever nicked...
    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Re: Pixsy...

Not heard from them for some time but they did get me around £200 year before last
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Pixsy has just flagged up a match for one of my images. It's being used by a small local rental agency so I doubt there'll be much return from any action taken but there's a principle at stake. However, I'm just concerned there may be a bill coming my way. Is it worth my proceeding?

Cheers,
        John

Comment

Hi John. How come they contacted you if you are not paying a subscription -- or am I reading this wrong
          Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Hi John - I don't know if you are Flickr Pro member, but if so you get 1000 images monitored at Pixsy for free as art of the Pro subscription.
            John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm not a Pixsy subscriber but I am for Flickr Pro although I hadn't realised that the limited number of Pixsy monitored images was down to that. In the past I have been invited to subscribe to Pixsy but the cost was far in excess of any benefit that I could see (actually my comments on that are at the beginning of this thread).

So it seems that Pixsy has spotted this image and has offered to pursue it as part of my limited free membership but I couldn't see if it was on a 'no win, no fee' or 'no win, you pay' basis.

Incidentally, I haven't been on here much this year as due to Covid I've avoided going out so my only photography has been to lean out of the window taking snaps of the cruise ships 'resting' in the bay.

Cheers,
              John.

Comment

Sorry John did not read your very first posting on the subject -- I no longer pay a subscription to them now, although they did get me £150 some years back. That however would have been well cancelled out by now with subscription fee's.
                Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Working...
                X