Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Castle Green Leicester - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Castle Green Leicester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Castle Green Leicester

A few good hours out and about earlier today..
    IMG_0163 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr
    Full description on my Flickr page,C+C welcomed
    Last edited by Guest; 24-03-2019, 23:56.

Re: Castle Green Leicester

A very colourful image of a classic English scene.
    My C+C would be to selectively crop some of the foreground and right hand side - maybe even a square crop would suit....I think that would make a stronger image.
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
      A very colourful image of a classic English scene.
      My C+C would be to selectively crop some of the foreground and right hand side - maybe even a square crop would suit....I think that would make a stronger image.
      Better?IMG_0163-2 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr

Comment

Much better Roy, plus you have made the bollard on the left disappear.
        Colin

Comment

Thanks Colin,at some point I want to get inside the church,but not sure when.It's 10-15 minutes from where I live so easy enough.

I have history with the place,in my cycle racing days early 1960s,our coach,Dick Swann was the verger there.

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
            Much better Roy, plus you have made the bollard on the left disappear.
            Agree, the crop has greatly improved it. Might be worth easing back a little on the saturation though?

John

Comment

I think that's better.
              I've been experimenting with LR and for now have adopted the following which I think is an improvement on my previous method....
              1 reduce contrast to zero,
              2 add clarity,
              3 add vibrancy…..
              this is producing more realistic and detailed images for me
              Then add contrast if required....or move the black and white slider until the histogram starts to climb the wall at each end.
              Thought that might be of interest...
              Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Nice shot, Roy. The edit is definitely an improvement which just goes to show you how a small tweak can make a world of difference!
                Chris
                80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Thanks chaps,much appreciated.

Comment

The crop is spot on. Brings the church forward in the picture while retaining enough peripheral detail to maintain a sense of place. Could possibly stand a slight reduction in saturation - mainly on the buildings and foreground...
                    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom

Comment

Working...
                        X