Canon 6D Exposure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon 6D Exposure

Bought a Canon 6D Second hand from nationwide store in Barking, couple of weeks ago,
    It looks like most images are under exposing, have tried Sigma 105mm Macro and Tamron 70-300mm VC lens, similar results. All Look underexposed in comparison to my 7D with the same lenses attached. Have reset the custom functions on the 6D and tried different metering all to no avail. I am missing something? The images when viewed on the LCD do look darker.

Re: Canon 6D Exposure

One of my favourite cameras and I am sorry you are having problems.

A few things to consider:

Is the darker image just on the rear screen, or also on a monitor?
    Is the brightness control on the rear screen set to the midpoint position, or slightly left?
    Is the exposure compensation set to zero, or minus 1 or 2?
    When you shoot "Normal" images with a full range of tones, is the histogram curve generally central, or biased toward the left of the screen?
    Have you tried re-setting to factory default settings?

If one or more of the above doesn't resolve the problem, then back to your retailer for them to resolve the problem to your satisfaction. Good luck.
    Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
      One of my favourite cameras and I am sorry you are having problems.

A few things to consider:

Is the darker image just on the rear screen, or also on a monitor?
      Is the brightness control on the rear screen set to the midpoint position, or slightly left?
      Is the exposure compensation set to zero, or minus 1 or 2?
      When you shoot "Normal" images with a full range of tones, is the histogram curve generally central, or biased toward the left of the screen?
      Have you tried re-setting to factory default settings?

If one or more of the above doesn't resolve the problem, then back to your retailer for them to resolve the problem to your satisfaction. Good luck.
      Images on monitor and rear screen both looked dark, I have reset camera to factory settings and there has been an improvement. Will look at exposure compensation as well. the histogram was biased to the left on the darker images.
      Will try again this morning and let you know outcome.

Comment

Colin seems to have all angles covered but could I also mention it might be worth checking you have the latest firmware. V1.1.8 appears to be the latest.
        Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

it might be worth checking you have the latest firmware.
          Well done Bob. I thought I had missed something, but I couldn't quite remember.
          Colin

Comment

Working...
          X