Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I secure my eyecup more securely?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I secure my eyecup more securely?

EOS 600D

I've lost count of the number of eyecups I've had to buy - they never fit very tightly and seem to fall off at the slightest touch - sometimes I spot it; sometimes I don't! ...

Anyone got any ideas for fixing the eyecup more firmly (short of using a messy glue!)? ...

Thanks ...

Re: How can I secure my eyecup more securely?

Hair spray.

Squirt some onto a saucer, or whatever is convenient, using a small paint brush, dip it into the squirted spray and brush it onto the fixing points of the eyecup, fit the eyecup and leave overnight. It never fully hardens, but it has enough tackiness to hold it in place without any permanent glue effect. The eyecup can be pulled off if necessary without damage and any residual hairspray can be easily cleaned off.

And finally Adam ............ welcome to the EOS Forum, we are all here to help each other.
    Colin

Comment

One of my film EOS seemed to have a particularly loose eyecup - I remember that I secured it with a tiny sliver of thin card jammed between it and the groove - tight enough to keep it in place but loose enough to be removed. A small spot of blutack might also work.

Never thought about hairspray though.
      Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Never thought about hairspray though.
        Needed to steal some from Mrs C. Had to wait until she was out .............. far too risky otherwise!
        Colin

Comment

You could have borrowed mine...…………………….(I use it for model railway scenery, sticking lichen on things to mimic trees etc)
          Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Thank goodness for the extra information ............... I was worried for a moment!
            Colin

Comment

or mine, I use it to fix pastels when painting with them.
              Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
              X