Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello - Intro

Hello,
    I am a Fine Art and Nature Photographer based out of Aiken, South Carolina. I love to shoot big (Landscapes) and small (Macro and Extreme Macro). All of my art is created using natural light. I am a purist when it comes to light as I find the colors it produces much more appealing. I am fascinated with the ability to capture and present that which you would not normally see or would look right past at a typical distance while having no idea that such beauty (due mostly to the scale) is hiding right in front of our eyes. I’m also enthralled with finding and creating naturally abstract scenes that exist inside of subjects and are formed from simple colors, lines, and patterns. I create my macro and extreme macro pieces from life-size to beyond two times life-size. I love vivid, saturated colors, and I freely admit to being a color junkie. As they are the most attractive to me and easily get my attention, I gravitate towards subjects that display them. Due to my location, and in comparison to shooting small, I don’t have as much opportunity to compose landscapes, but I am equally captivated by the splendor mother nature paints on the grand scale (especially in and around the golden hour).

I use a 5DMkIII and various L lenses.
    Steven Dillon Photography - Capturing Nature's Art

Re: Hello - Intro

Welcome Steven, some fine work on your site
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Hi all
      I am a professional photographer for over thirty years in Ireland, covering weddings - PR and press I currently have about fifty photos published weekly in my local publication. My first camera was the hasselblad cm - then moved to 35mm with an Minolta 9xi - then moved to Canon with the 10D -then 30D - then 40D - then 1D mark 1V - then the 5D mark 111 then the 5D mark 1V and now am with the Eos R. Lens were the Zeiss 80mm - Minolta 25-105mm - Canon 17-40mm - Canon 70-200 2.8 mark 11 - Canon 400 5.6 - Canon 70-200 2.8 IS 11 - Canon 24-70 2.8 11 - Canon 16-35mmm F4 IS and now the Canon RF 24-105 f4. The De-Vere 204 enlarger gitzo tripods and manfroto tripod with the Markins ball head. Films used over the period was mainly Fuji Professional, and Fiji Superia. Agfa photo paper and the Illford multigrade contrast paper. I have worked for all the National papers in Ireland, covering everything from agriculture to all five presidents during that period. I use flash a lot so I have two Canon 600 EX RT flash guns. before that the canon 580 11 and the many Metz units 45 models and the 60 models.I have also covered football sports events. I find the new canon eos r to be a superb camera - better than the 5d 1v. Comments welcome - camerawalsh
      Last edited by camerawalsh; 02-04-2019, 15:28.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Steve and Camerawalsh

Tom

Comment

A warm welcome to both of you and I look forward to seeing some of your work.
          Colin

Comment

Hello,
            I'm a serious amateur from Tonawanda NY. I am interested in Landscape and Travel Photography along with Wildlife. I am presently using a 77D with 10-18mm, 18-50mm, 50to 250mm and 50mm lenses. I am retire and can now devote more time to my hobby, I enjoy hiking trails with my camera gear and taking photos.

Ed

Comment

Welcome [emoji106]

Sent from my Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tigerburnie View Post
                Welcome Steven, some fine work on your site
                Thank you very much. :-)
                Steven Dillon Photography - Capturing Nature's Art

Comment

Welcome to all three of you, what an eclectic bunch and I look forward to seeing some of your work.
                  Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
                  X