Advice for lens to use at Camden Lock market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice for lens to use at Camden Lock market

I'm going on a daytrip to Camden Lock market and given the crowded environment,don't want to be forever changing lenses.

My intentions are mainly street scene/atmosphere shots,combined with people shots,so,could you please suggest which one of my lenses I should stick to in the main?Also,shall I use my(diffused) flashgun,or not?

Many thanks in advance..

Re: Advice for lens to use at Camden Lock market

Personally I’d go for the 18-55....

I have taken a 70-300 for street and market shots and found myself too close, I suspect you might find the same with your 55-250. And it’s a longer lens which makes it more noticeable

No flashgun. You have your built in flash on the 550 anyway but you don’t want to be too intrusive with a lot of kit
    Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Thanks bo,I'll take that lens and maybe my 50 too?

I'll leave my flashgun and large camera bag at home and just take my small one,it's a lot less obvious.

Comment

Why would you need a 50 prime? Not for the f1.8 in daytime, and your camera will cope with a higher ISO indoors under the bright lights.

If you mean the 55-200 zoom then yes I’d be keen to tuck that into my bag just in case you came across a scene a bit further away that you wanted to get involved with

Have fun .... it’s a colorful and busy place and great for street photography.

Comment

Ok cool,the 18-55 and 55-250 zoom it will be.

It looks good for street photography,which is what I enjoy and why I chose the trip,so thanks for your good wishes.

Comment

Update;That was good advice thanks bo regarding which lenses to take,having been on the trip earlier today.

There were a few occasions where my 10-18mm would have come in handy,but I coped fine without it.The 55-250 got quite a bit of use too on distance shots.

As for using flash,I used my built-in one when needed and just added some +compensation.

Re indoor shots;I just upped the ISO to 800 and dialled in up to +2.2/3 EV compensation,which mainly worked fine.

Comment

Good, glad it went well.

The 10-18 would have been too wide for me at a street scene, As you say you had the 18-55 anyway.

Post some shots if you fancy it......

Comment

Thanks,I meant having the 10-18 would have been handy for externals of the shops on Camden High Street.

I haven't started processing anything from yesterday as yet.

Comment

Working...
                X