On me travels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On me travels.

Things will be rather quiet from my end for nearly three weeks, as we are off on our travels.

Mrs C has made it very clear that this is a family holiday and not a photographic expedition, so I have a small camera case that will have a body, 17-40mm f4, 24-70mm f2.8, a flash and a few bits and bobs. However, I might have accidentally sneaked a 70-200mm f2.8 and a couple of extenders into my suitcase.

Better to seek forgiveness than ask permission!
    Colin

Re: On me travels.

Have a good one Colin. Glad I'm not the only one, I'm always told people will think you're a travelling camera shop.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Have a good holiday Colin, I’m sure you’ll find some time to indulge!
      Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Well, as far as holiday memories are concerned, I have no doubt that Mrs C's little Canon Ixus, or my iPhone would be perfectly adequate for holiday shots.

However, touring around China, there are bound to be unique opportunities for "The Shots" and I am reluctant to compromise quality, so I will put up with the inconvenience and weight for some peace of mind.
        Colin

Comment

We understand completely even if Mrs C doesn’t!

Just back from Vietnam and took FF plus 3 lenses.......but this was with Mr Bo’s full permission.
          Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Enjoy your hols
            Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

At present in N.Y. & came with every bit of kit & now been to B&H & got a 10-18 to add to my collection. Wife very understanding at the moment.
              Sounds like a holiday that needs all your gear Colin, enjoy.

Comment

Wife very understanding at the moment.
                Mrs C very stressed at the moment, so I won't push the point.

Amusingly, this trip is from her bucket list .................. but she doesn't eat foreign food! I eat just about anything. Deep fried locusts on a skewer? No problem. Interesting weeks ahead.
                Colin

Comment

A very interesting country is China food wise, you will be fine Colin. May I suggest you leave the 70/200 at home and use the space to pack Mrs C some cheese and biscuits.
                  Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

May I suggest you leave the 70/200 at home and use the space to pack Mrs C some cheese and biscuits.
                    I did give that some serious consideration Trev: 70/200 or cheese 'n biscuits, 70/200 or cheese 'n biscuits? The answer is quite obvious when you think about it ................... 70-200!
                    Colin

Comment

I visited several businesses in a ten day tour there a few years ago....everyday we were served various delicacies in a sectionalised wooden box, then in the evening took pot luck with a menu we couldn't understand - or chose something fresh from a tank......on the very last day we were offered KFC...oh joy! wouldn't normally touch the stuff but at last something we could get our teeth into.....
                      Take your favourite biscuits, cereal bars whatever just in case...….as well as your excellent choice of lenses of course.
                      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Have a wonderful time

Tom

Comment

just a thought....it might be worth checking out the legal situation regarding taking photos in China....I suspect its fine but might be an issue especially if wielding a big white zoom around in public.
                          Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Have a good time Colin, and here was me thinking you were travelling up to Lincolnshire, we do have a Chinese TA

Paul

Comment

Working...
                            X