Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Weekend at the NYMR.....

Default Re: A Weekend at the NYMR.....

An excellent set of images Gordon
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Default Re: A Weekend at the NYMR.....

Quote Originally Posted by tigerburnie View Post
    Steam locos are prone to breaking down and are regularly replaced by another so no surprise there, not NYMR fault, indeed as the A4 is coming to the end of it's mainline certificate and is about to be "museumed" it's not really a surprise it is getting a few worn parts. It is due to haul two trains north of Edinburgh at the end of the month, I will not be surprised if at least one is hauled by a replacement.
    I think the thing that 'Annoyed' a lot of people posting on Social Media was the fact that the NYMR didn't budge from their T&C's refund policy when clearly it wasn't the customers fault that the UoSA broke down and it wasn't the advertised Locomotive people had paid for (a few said that they had rode behind this engine on the ELR and weren't really interested in doing it ), it bit of a Goodwill would have went a long way in peoples eyes .
    Up here in Newcastle we don't get the chance to do many Steam Hauled excursions (None would be closer to the mark !) , A few years ago one was advertised to start in Newcastle Steam Hauled , It went down the ECML to York , across to Leeds , up the S&C to Carlisle , and back to Newcastle . Great , booked it in a flash as i'd always wanted to do the S&C , then as it got to the time they changed it , tour started at York came up to Newcastle but we had to go to the Metrocentre station as it wasn't actually coming into the Central across to Carlisle down the S&C to York then the Steam Engine was changed to a diesel for the return to Newcastle . Managed to get a full refund out of them as it wasn't the trip i'd booked , less Steam Hauled and not going to / from the place i'd booked , they were very good about it and understood my disappointment .

From what i gather the UoSA Certification was about to be extended for a short period , also a company had also offered to repair , overhaul and run the Engine but the owner turned them down (as he did with the K4 'Great Marquess' on the NYMR when it broke down ) , he seems to prefer 'Museuming' them which is a shame .
    Canon Eos 5D Mark IV + EF 16-35 L MkII + Tamron 24-70 DI VC USD G2 + Sigma 150-600 DG OS HSM S
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/60783975@N03/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12