EOS magazine advert

Thread: Alternative view of Canterbury Cathedral

Default Alternative view of Canterbury Cathedral

IMG_0026-2 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr

On an excellent day out in Canterbury,with superb weather,this view of the Cathedral just had to be captured.

Comments welcomed..
    Roy

550D/EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM,,EF 50mm f1.8 STM,,EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM,,Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD,, Speedlite 430EX II,,Stofen diffuser,,Vanguard Alta Access 33x Shoulder Bag,,Canon BG-E8 battery grip/Op-Tech Dual harness.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/knighthawk999/

Default Re: Alternative view of Canterbury Cathedral

Well spotted and taken Roy

Tom

Thanks Tom,much appreciated.
    Roy

550D/EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM,,EF 50mm f1.8 STM,,EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM,,Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD,, Speedlite 430EX II,,Stofen diffuser,,Vanguard Alta Access 33x Shoulder Bag,,Canon BG-E8 battery grip/Op-Tech Dual harness.

I like that, I might have cropped it a bit to get rid of the yellow shed at the bottom?

Chris

I agree with Chris about cropping a bit from the bottom and maybe some of the sky. I only live twelve miles from Canterbury but it's not a place I would visit on an Easter weekend. I would imagine you had to point your camera upwards in order to avoid the crowds.

John

Thanks Chris;I left the shed in for two reasons,first if it was cropped out you'd have that cable that's angled up to the right appearing from nowhere,and secondly for the colour but also to leave in the green and white structure and the small angled roof both almost at bottom left,given the amount of angles already in the picture.

John;It was crowded in the streets but not uncomfortably so,and the queue for the cathedral was moving quite quickly,so a lot of my shots were taken head on without problems.If I crop some of the sky,it would mean losing the tops of the side walls,which to me just wouldn't look right I'm afraid.

I'm happy enough with it to sort out the size in LR and see about getting it printed for my wall.It will go nicely with my recent one of the chapel in Coventry Cathedral.
    Roy