This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uploading images using Flickr

If your trying from a tablet then you have to go to the website and not use the app. Even so it's a faff and not as easy as using a computer.
    Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Just seenpost from Alex, beat me to it. It is possible from a tablet bit not easy.
      Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Any one having issues uploading to Flickr, i keep getting a message saying my files may not be photos ???
        Peter

Canon EOS 350D - Canon 18-55mm, Canon 75-300mm, Cullmann Tripod,
        Fiji Finepix S1800

https://www.flickr.com/photos/red_snapper_68/

Comment

Yes there was a glitch the other day ,log out and back in seemed to clear it .

It was working fine last night though

Comment

Working fine for me. I think it is always best to use the PC as it saves all this bother.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
              Working fine for me. I think it is always best to use the PC as it saves all this bother.
              Absolutely! I love having a smartphone & tablet for convenience when I need to do a bit of browsing, etc. but to actually do anything I always revert to a "proper" computer
              Chris
              80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Test upload...

AYLESBURY ON ICE by Lee Brown, on Flickr
                Last edited by EOS_User; 24-04-2017, 08:29.
                Cheers;
                Lee
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
                5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
                17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Another test upload...

IT WAS AT LEAST THIS BIG! by Lee Brown, on Flickr
                  Cheers;
                  Lee
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
                  5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
                  17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Trying to upload a photo via Flickr. I got to section 8 and having opened up the photo to upload I do not have any tabs top left or anywhere else. So any ideas please. This is why I have not uploaded before or after the new forum. Fred.

Comment

I would be grateful if someone could write an Idiot's Guide to Downloading from Flickr.

Both Frederick and I are struggling. It's definitely different from the "old" forum

Currently I go to Flickr ............share ............BBC code..................then .paste code to URL with "retrieve remote file" unticked

I keep getting an "Invalid file " notice.

Think this is what I did before, on the old forum, so it ought to work now?!

I have tried variations on the above with things ticked/unticked, getting nowhere

Help please!

Last edited by lunarbo; 06-01-2020, 13:30.
                      Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

I think that in Step 7 you really mean "In Flickr upload......."
                        John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

I think that in Step 7 you really mean "In Flickr upload......."
                          John, I have no idea what you mean by step 7 - nor Frederick talking about step 8; are you uploading from a tablet ? Can't see any such instructions on my PC

If you know the secret of uploading could you share it with us please ?! Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lunarbo View Post

John, I have no idea what you mean by step 7 - nor Frederick talking about step 8; are you uploading from a tablet ? Can't see any such instructions on my PC

If you know the secret of uploading could you share it with us please ?! Many thanks
                            Sorry Barbara, I was harking back to the original set of instructions - a senior moment (again).

I have just visited one of my images on Flickr (on my desktop Windows PC) and clicked the bendy arrow (Share Photo) at the bottom right of the screen. In the pop-up window which appeared, I left-clicked the BB Code tab, selected the dimensions I wanted, then left-clicked on the BB Code which was showing in the pop-up window, which highlighted it, then right clicked on the BB Code and selected "Copy". I then returned to this post and after positioning the cursor where I wanted it, right clicked and selected "Paste". The image should show below:-

Weston Carnival 2019 (5) by John Liddle, on Flickr

This is exactly as I used to do on the old forum - I am at a loss to know why folks are struggling - unless this is a Mac thing rather than a Windows thing.........
                            John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

BOO! by Barbara Bett, on Flickr

Comment

Thank you John that was simple enough.!

So no need to click either onto the Image icon above or the "upload from URL " box below !

So dunno what they are for but I'll keep it simple in future....

Comment

Working...
                                X